Mongolia Protester Lights Himself on Fire

Distel32

by Luke Distelhorst

if you ever read my blog, you'll know that there have been protests here for the last two weeks. Last night things went up a notch:

Mongolian Protester Lights Himself on Fire

by Luke Distelhorst

"Last night at 12:30am on Sukhbaatar square, a protester claimed he was going to light himself on fire. The hunger strike members thought nothing of it until they heard the screams from outside."

go to my blog for the rest: http://mongolia.neweurasia.net

a very sad event.....

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bad Taste thumbs_down.gif

Well, I might have been the only person to make that connection of a bunch of hunger strikers smelling a barbeque like odor....

ie:

"Last night at 12:30am on Sukhbaatar square, a protester claimed he was going to light himself on fire. The hunger strike members thought nothing of it until.......

But hell yeah it's sad, and ironic as well. Things are getting worse in Nepal as well FAI.

yeah, immolate, but I have read the definition as to kill yourself by fire, so then I have to say "tries to immolate himself" or tried, which sounds kinda weird because he did light himself on fire, he just didn't die.

I mean you guys can joke all you want, but things here are only getting worse.

Tough crowd eh Dru? Maybe you should mention something about the guy being a conservative Christian or something in order to elicit a better reception of your commentary.

Sad no. Stupid yes.

Shouldn't you change your avatar name to Douchebag?