Where are last weekend's TRs?

Peter_Puget

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's I went back as far as November and then strarted getting tired. I didn't see a single TR from you PP? What's up with that.

What kind of excuse is that Dirty Harry, shit at least you could come up with something original like, my dog ate it.

Ok here's mine I rode 50 miles at 7000 feet and higher through Nyungwe Forrest on Friday. It was one of the coolest rides I have ever done, tough though. Didn't see any snaffles, but I did see a troop of about 50 Colobus taking turns doing 10m Parkour jumps from trees. Then saw some golden monkeys, mountain monkeys and some Turraco's. Then Saturday and Sunday was spent hiking through the jungle and checking out waterfalls.

What kind of excuse is that Dirty Harry, shit at least you could come up with something original like, my dog ate it.

Perhaps if you had experienced the weather here the last two weekends you would understand. Crazy fucking Mazungo!

rolleyes.gif Um it's Mr. Muzungu for you.

I drove down to Smith for the first time in over 4 years.

I was much stronger then; I climb better now.

Fun climbs of the weekend:

+ Zebra (no Zion, for fear the snow would turn to rain)

+ Chain Reaction (way easier in the past)

+ Heresy (way easier now that I can climb)

+ Phoenix (absence makes the heart grow fonder)

+ Karate Crack (why are the anchors so low in the cave?)

+ Magic Light (oh gosh, this climb is smooth)

Many easter eggs were to be found all over the park. Many signs of pagan springtime celebration: baby rabbits, baby geese, baby deer, and the hillsides at Smith Rock were actually green.

I suppose that a trip to Smith is successful if you want to return.

Success.

A skills refresher weekend for me. On Saturday I led a group from the club to Hyak for glacier skills refresher - team arrest, crevasse rescue, etc. On Sunday I got together with a fellow and practiced knots and munter/mule combinations, etc.

I did some yardwork, but noone wants to hear about that.
I did quite a bit of that, too, along with electrical work. smirk.gif

Sunday afternoon, my buddy Jim called me up wanting to go to Exit 38. The sun was out so, "what the heck", I thought.

We drive out there and hit this huge downpour coming into North Bend. It stops as we arrive at the Trestle parking lot. The mountains are pretty in their new mantle of snow. The snow level of 2,500 ft is pretty damn low for April, I thought.

We hiked up to Nevermind Wall to find drips cascading down and most of the reliably dry routes damp. Only one nearly dry route- Neverigine, 5.10a.

Jim led it and took longer than usual as the rock was cold. Now it was my turn to clean on top rope. Holy Mother! The rock was cold! I should have belayed with gloves on, because now I couldn't feel my finger tips.

I had to call for a take half way up so I could blow on my hands. Continuing on, a foot blew on a wet hold, but I had good hands. Then screaming barfies at the chains.

It didn't take any persuading at all to talk Jim into calling it a day. We both agreed that Neverigine is a damn fine route that could be better appreciated if it was warmer.

No sooner do we enter the freeway, but another downpour lets loose. How's that for timing?

Moguls? That's old school, man. You wear stretch pants and a neon headband when you ski the bumps?

hey- neon is making a comeback on the slopes.

Thursday- Climbed a 11worth with my bro (11worth rocks)

Friday-climbed at Vantage

Crux of weekend: trying to pull over on the freeway home when a tick was climbing on the steering wheel and goin' for me.