More trouble in Nepal

crazyjizzy

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it's been going on for a bit. la plus ca change, la plus que c'est le meme chose. The same shit has been going on, and people do the same hand wringing and tourists stay away for no real reason making life even harder for the average Nepali

it ain't going to be you

I was here first. smirk.gif

tourists stay away for no real reason making life even harder for the average Nepali

When there are riots in the street, and the pundits are predicting that civil war is near, is that a real reason for tourists to stay away?

it ain't going to be you

I was here first. smirk.gif

Actually, you probably were not. I started posting here as anonymous in real early, November(?) 2000. I registered a couple of weeks later. I also started climbing in 1975. So there.

When there are riots in the street, and the pundits are predicting that civil war is near, is that a real reason for tourists to stay away?

Pundits will predict whatever makes them money. There aren't enough weapons for any kind of carnage (as I said earlier - I've seen similar in Argentina recently) They don't riot in Thamel or any of the other tourist ghettos. The riots I saw (13 injured, total) involved alot of standing aroudn by all parties in between some brick throwing. I'll post a few pictures later. Of course, everythings terrifying from a few halfassed reports from fat westerners who've never left KTM and the western embassy compounds