CC.COM Spring Ski Fiesta

mattp

Dave P:

I forget, (or maybe this hasn't been covered, yet).... do you recommend high-clearance and/or 4WD to get from the highway to the parking area on the property? My rig actually has both of these, but I'm hoping to perhaps mooch a ride from certain other friends, some of which have 2WD.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kegs? If I go I'll be climbing. Carpool from PDX is an option.

You going to rack up some tickets this year too? hahaha.gif

The Apple blossom Festival was this past weekend and I managed to make it to Leavenworth and back unscathed... it was the festival 2 years ago that screwed me... they should rename it speed trap festival or some shit yellaf.gifsnugtop.gif

Is this trip still ongoing? Does anyone want to carpool from PDX other than John F? He'll want to leave Portland on Wednesday since I don't think he actually works.

I'm in PHX till Friday morning working turd yellaf.gifwazzup.gif

Hey GaperTimmay! Are you still driving Hwy 97 up on Friday? wazzup.gifsnugtop.gif

David jput the following in the events foruum thread.

DIRECTIONS TO THE CAMPOUT LOCATION:

Traveling east over WA Pass: The property/cabin is approx 4.5 miles past the turn off to Mazama on the North side of the road. It is also approx .5 miles before you cross the Wyman bridge over the Methow river where the Goat Creek rd merges. (so traveling w on Hwy 20 look for it on the right about .5 miles after crossing it) There is a white PVC arch and a metal gate which is now locked. The fencing is zig-zag style stacked railing. If you intend to arrive before Friday evening sometime, please call me at 206-714-4300 for the combo.

You do not need a SUV to get in. Any regular car is fine. The driveway meanders back into the woods. The tent camping area is accessed via the left at the fork when you see the cabin.

Bring water or expect to hike 1/4 mile to the river to get it. Also, bring fire wood if you can. All I ask is that you leave the property in better condition than we found it!

Any questions, call me or email me at dpparker60 at hotmail.

ski ya soon!!!

Dave

Forcast is geting better!

Today: Mostly sunny. Freezing level 7500 feet. Afternoon pass temperatures in the mid 50s wind in the passes light..

Tonight: Mostly clear in the evening then becoming partly cloudy. Freezing level 8000 feet. Southeast wind in the passes around 10 mph in the evening becoming light.

Thursday: Partly cloudy. Freezing level 7000 feet. Afternoon pass temperatures in the lower to mid 50s. Wind in the passes light becoming west 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.

Thursday night: Cloudy with a chance of showers. Snow level 5000 feet. West wind in the passes 10 to 15 mph.

Friday: Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Snow level 4000 feet. Afternoon pass temperatures in the 40s. West wind in the passes 10 to 15 mph.

Friday night: Mostly cloudy. Freezing level 5500 feet.

Saturday and Saturday night: Partly cloudy. Freezing level 7500 feet.

Sunday through Tuesday: Mostly clear. Freezing level 9000 feet.

EAST SLOPES NORTHERN CASCADES-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...LEAVENWORTH...MAZAMA...TWISP...WINTHROP

817 AM PDT FRI MAY 12 2006

TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 20 PERCENT CHANCE OF MOUNTAIN SNOW SHOWERS IN THE EVENING...THEN PARTLY CLOUDY OVERNIGHT. LOWS IN THE 30S. WEST WIND AROUND 20 MPH AND GUSTY IN THE EVENING... BECOMING LIGHT OVERNIGHT.

SATURDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 60S.

SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS IN THE MID 30S TO LOWER 40S.

SUNDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE MID 70S.

• 4 weeks later...