CC.COM Spring Ski Fiesta

mattp

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it will be over the other side of Washington Pass, either at a campground or a private cabin near Mazama. We have not fully firmed up everything, but I thought early notice would be beneficial. Here's alpine K's picture from the 2004 event:

110Frisco_peak-med.jpg

We are clear to use the cabin and camping site in Mazama as we did for the first 2 CC spring ski fests. As you unofficial host (I do not actually own the property) the weekend of 12-14 works for me. I encourage all moms to attend. There is lots to do other than skiing! I also approve parents with children attending at their own risk of exposure to drinking skiiers around a bonfire. If children are present, I ask any smokers of various substances to be discreet.

Once again, I will order a porta-potty to be on site. The owner of the property is very gracious to allow this event to take place and so we owe the respect of leaving it in better condition than we find it. It appears he and his wife will actually be there this year (Saturday night) and so you will have the opportunity to thank him in person!

We will need firewood and you should be responsible for your own food and barbque supplies. We have at least two large webber grills. Also, there is a hand pump well, but the water is rusty so your option is to bring lots yourself or walk the 1/4 mile to the river with a container.

Folks are free to arrive on Friday night if they wish. I will post directions once the date is finalized.