Core exercises?

What do you do? Looking to get some variety into my workouts. Here are a few I'm currently using:

Back extensions and crunches on a stability ball thing. Hold a medicine ball or plate to your chest or away from the body for extra pain.

Take a medicine ball or plate, hold it straight overhead, tense your lower abs and do slow-mo lunges around the room.

Palms together with forearms on the ball, pushup type position with feet together, and slowly roll the ball out about a foot and back (do 3 sets of 25 reps or so, harder than you think!)

Leg raises on the "seatless chair" thing (no idea what you call this apparatus, it's like two pads for your forearms with handles and a backrest). Add ankle weights for more pain.

Side crunches with a dumbell in one hand where you're "cruncing" with the muscles between the top of hip and bottom of ribcage. (gotta be a better way to train this?)

What do you like? Seems like the stabilizing and smaller muscles and side aren't getting hit as well as I'd like with what I'm using.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Planches, front L sits, front levers, muscle ups...do you know what windshield wipers are? Also wall ball: take the medicine ball and do crunches on a pilates ball while you throw the medicine ball at the wall. Just don't miss.

I really like kettle bell twists and squats if you've got weights to integrate the tamale.

Here's a couple that are more specifis to the obliques and the smaller stabilizers.

Offset straight leg situps. Brace your feet with the legs straight. Hold a dumbell with both hands at your chest. lower to "down" then hold thew dumbell to one side as far out asyou can keep both hands on. Raise, transfer weight to opposite shoulder, Repeat and transfer at each "up".

Oblique twists. brace feet with knees slightly bent. Hold a dumbell with both handsat arms lengthin front of chest. Recline to where you can maintain. Rotate upper body to one side as far as possible. return to center and then rotate opposite. The farther back you recline or the farther you extend the weight either increases difficulty.

will,

the inflatable rubber ones with nubs for proprioception should only cost between $10-20.

24hr fittness has stacks of them, so they gotta be cheap.

i don't have a source, but you're a smart guy.

OR!

find any thin flat piece of wood bigger than two of your feet side by side and glue 1/2 of a ball to the bottom if you want the free version. if you're a big guy, duct tape a football to the bottom of a palate. charge children for rides and MAKE money.

find any thin flat piece of wood bigger than two of your feet side by side and glue 1/2 of a ball to the bottom if you want the free version. if you're a big guy, duct tape a football to the bottom of a palate. charge children for rides and MAKE money.

word.