Exit 38 Wed. after work

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been to exit 38. Could someone possibly shoot me some directions? Via email, pm, or your method of choice. I know its exit 38 off of I-90 but then were do you go? Is it right off the exit?
There are three main areas: Far Side, Trestle, and Mt. Washington. You'd have to know where the group was going. See www.northbendrock.com for maps to the various areas.

Exit 38 Mini Trip Report:

Jens and, I believe, Allison pass us on the freeway just before Exit 34 on their way to Exit 32. They honk and wave with Jens grinning from ear to ear.

Hit some object on I-90 in North Bend, which punctured left rear tire. Pulled off right after Ken's Truck Stop exit. Tried to get spare out, but hold down bolt was corroded from being in place for 18 year (apparently). Used the jack to crank on bolt but the wings just sheared off (no vice grips because my tool box had been stolen).

Auto Club's trucks all are busy, minimum three hour wait. They tell me I can call an independent and they'll reimburse me. madgo_ron.gif

Removed tire and took it to Ken's Truck Stop where we bought a plug kit. Filled the tire with air, plugged the hole and headed back to the car. Martin says he hears a leak. I couldn't hear it because I have ringing in my ears all the time. He says he's quite sure.

We arrive back at my car and he pulls the tire out and finds a second, smaller leak. We plugged that too, almost breaking off the reamer tool in the process. The tire still had enough air to use, so we put it back on the car and off to the Far Side, arriving at 6 pm.

We climbed like mad and actually put up 8 routes between us and each climbed at least 5 route before it got dark.

Beer and Supernachos at NBBG, per usual.

Moral of the story: check your spare and make sure it can be removed, has air and that you have a good jack, wrench and all that s---.

Exit 38 Mini Trip Report:

Jens and, I believe, Allison pass us on the freeway just before Exit 34 on their way to Exit 32. They honk and wave with Jens grinning from ear to ear.

Hit some object on I-90 in North Bend, which punctured left rear tire. Pulled off right after Ken's Truck Stop exit. Tried to get spare out, but hold down bolt was corroded from being in place for 18 year (apparently). Used the jack to crank on bolt but the wings just sheared off (no vice grips because my tool box had been stolen).

Auto Club's trucks all are busy, minimum three hour wait. They tell me I can call an independent and they'll reimburse me. madgo_ron.gif

Removed tire and took it to Ken's Truck Stop where we bought a plug kit. Filled the tire with air, plugged the hole and headed back to the car. Martin says he hears a leak. I couldn't hear it because I have ringing in my ears all the time. He says he's quite sure.

We arrive back at my car and he pulls the tire out and finds a second, smaller leak. We plugged that too, almost breaking off the reamer tool in the process. The tire still had enough air to use, so we put it back on the car and off to the Far Side, arriving at 6 pm.

We climbed like mad and actually put up 8 routes between us and each climbed at least 5 route before it got dark.

Beer and Supernachos at NBBG, per usual.

Moral of the story: check your spare and make sure it can be removed, has air and that you have a good jack, wrench and all that s---.

Highlight of the story: you have a reamer tool.