Eiger Sanction Quiz!

pope

What we have is this: a three-way tie between Forrest_M, Hemlock, and Jkassidy, with two correct answers each. Chriss and Bronco each answered one question.

The problem is this: we've had eight questions (I screwed up the numbering back on question 5), and so there are only two questions remaining.

Question 9: You need to identify the character responsible for each of the following quotes!

1. "Well, I got you a gun. It's a C2 special with no serial numbers. It's in the candy box. Now, what's this about wasting me? I think it's only fair to warn you in advance that I'm a black belt. Ka-ra-te... GEEE HAAA!"

2. "I have never been in better shape. Just ask Anna. Every night for six months I performed two hours of difficult exercise before bed."

3. "Don't worry, Jemima. There's plenty of eligible men around here."

4. "Sure he knows what he's doing, just like when he worked for the Nazzis in WWII. Oh, you didn't know that, did you? Your wrapped-up-in-red-white-and-blue Mr. Dragon is a God damned Hessian, that's what he is, and he'd sell out our side just as fast as he sold out their side, and he'd sell out his own mother if the bloodless freak had one."

5. "Bastard hit his brakes" (hint: these are his only lines in the movie).

6. "What do suggest, Herr Doctor, Professor Hemlock? Huh? That we climb halfway up?"

[This message has been edited by pope (edited 05-24-2001).]

[This message has been edited by pope (edited 05-24-2001).]

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, "Pope", who apparently has nothing better to do than sit on his mom's couch and watch the Eiger Sanction over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over usw. etc. Why don't you spend some of that wasted time educating yourself; perhaps learning a few manners including: how to blow your nose in a Kleenex rather than in your wool hat ("I'll wash it out later."), the art of actually wearing a pair of underwear, and having a little respect for some of the folks I KNOW you really admire (because you have told me so) but have a serious envy/esteem complex: BIG LOU, for example?

So here are the answers to your ridiculous questions:

1: Clement Pope

2: Jean Paul Montaigne

3: Clement Pope

4: Jonathan Hemlock

5: Dwayne the Body Guard

6: Karl Freitag

I've only watched the film twice and read the book once. Why do you feel the need to see that thing over, and over, and over, etc.?

This will be the final question, unless a tie remains. Question 10: Clement Pope, played by Gregory Walcott, is certainly a naughty man. In the Eiger Sanction movie, in his introductory scene, we see him in Jonathan's office, sitting in a chair with his feet resting on the top of Hemlock's desk. He is thumbing through a schmutzy magazine, and we get a glimpse of the magazine's title. What magazine is he reading?

The answer is "PLAYPEN".

I won.

You can keep your prize or give it to the runner-up.

Ever see that old Disney movie "Third Man on the Mountain"? (filmed on the Matterhorn and starring young Danno prior to his Hawaii 5-0 days.) It's a GREAT film and maybe you can watch that in between your repetitive viewings of the Eiger Sanction.

- D.

ok, if i get 2/3s of the question is that enough for victory? anderl stabbed a porter who was stealing supplies (he's so driven that he won't stand for anything that stands in his way) on some expedition, but i can't remember where.

hemlock: "we're going to make it"

anderl: "I don't think so... but we shall continue with style."

he gets all the best lines in the movie.

Forrest_M: WINNER!! WINNNER!! WINNER!! WINNER!! WINNER!! Excellent work. I have enjoyed hosting this quiz, and I've got a splendid lobby card with your name on it. Leave me some kind of private message and I'll figure out how to deliver. If you're in Seattle, it might be just as easy for me to bring it by, instead of mailing it.

PLAYPEN is correct. But wrong, you're not the winner. DONNA, YOU ARE IN A FOUR-WAY tie (you seem to find your way into four-ways with alarming regularity). Hemlock, Forrest_M, Donna, and Jkassidy have each answered two questions correctly.

And now for the shoot-out question (anybody can play, but if one of our big-four players answers correctly, the contest is over): On a training climb in Monument Valley, Ben and Jonathan discuss the history of the international team's other members. The Austrian, Andrel Meyer, is rumored to have killed a man once. Give the details of this rumor: the setting, the motive, the weapon.