Eiger Sanction Quiz!

pope

Let's start easy, and if you demonstrate an understanding of the subject, we'll know you're ready for more advanced questions:

C2's Search and Sanction Division is masterminded by a former Nazzi named Dragon. What is his first name?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's make this interesting. I'll run ten Eiger quiz questions, and whoever answers the most questions correctly will win an Eiger Sanction lobby card. In the event of a tie, I might have to do a shoot-out quiz.

Hey Hemlock: You can play too!

Gerg:

Ben Bowman: "You want a beer?"

Hemlock: "You gonna call room service?"

BB: "Oh, we got beer."

H: "You're crazy if you hauled beer up here."

BB: "I may be crazy but I'm not stupid. You did. It's in your pack."

H: "Jesus. I ought to throw you off this goddamn pillar. Besides, it's warm."

BB: "I thought you'd draw the line at hauling ice."

[This message has been edited by Hemlock (edited 05-22-2001).]

Hey Hemlock! I knew you'd make it. Nice place here. Perhaps the only thing you've got more wired than this movie is your nonchalance. You're absolutely right: Yurassis Dragon (as in "your ass is dragin'"). Clever, huh?

Question 2: Name the stunt double who was killed by Eiger stonefall during the making of this film.

OK, pal, let's get down to the old nitty gritty! Question 3: Jonathan suggests that the patriotic whore, Jemima Brown, might pick up something from a bowl by the kitchen door, as he kicks her out. What should she pick up?

Only if you have read the book will you be capable of answering question 4: Big Ben Bowman refers to an episode in which Jonathan rescued him off of a very big mountain, a mountain on which Bowman claims to have urinated in defiance. Name the mountain.

isn't it aconcagua?

btw, my favorite quote from the book, there is a description of an airplane taking off "in a magnificent conversion of petroleum into pollution" that has always stuck in my mind.

[This message has been edited by forrest_m (edited 05-22-2001).]

Bingo. We so far have a four-way (relax Donna, no Yak in this tent) tie, with one correct answer each from Hemlock, Chriss, Jkassidy, and Forrest_M.

Question 5: Candice Rialson plays an art student who propositions Jonathan Hemlock, offering him her pleasure in exchange for a "B" grade. In the movie, we see her in Hemlock's lecture reading a magazine article. What is the title of the article?

I will voluntarily drop out of the contest.

Pope: I noticed that all your questions refer to scenes near the beginning of the movie. Have you really seen the entire film or do you always fall asleep before the end?

Here's the next question, since JCassidy (aka Miles) got the previous one correct:

What is the beer of choice for both Jonathan and Big Ben Bowman? (I'm confident that Pope "will allow me that." It's the price he must pay to get me to listen.)

Hemlock: Drop out, loser. I think you're flopping because you've got competition! Anyway, jkassidy was more or less correct and he leads by one. Oh, and uh, they're drinking Oly. But that ain't the question. I'll tell you what the questions are, buddy, pal, sweetheart.

Question 5: Give the number of the hotel room in which Ben resides while acting as "groundman" for the Eiger climb.

Hey "pope"! You think you so smart!

Try thess on for size without running to the VCR:

What was the name of the character who took Mile's dog for a walk and what was the name of the actress?

Also, perhaps you could share the web-site address of Ben's "little girl George". Remember the time I caught you having a peek? By the way, she's still in fine shape 25 years later, certainly if she kept up her running as she did in the film!

- Donna

Hi Donna!

Miss Buns, played by Susan Morgan, takes Miles Mellough's dog for a walk. Ben's daughter, George, is played by Brenda Venus. It is my opinion that these two brilliant film stars make this movie what it is. Brenda's site is BRENDAVENUS.COM, naturally. I checked it out this morning; her "pic of the day" makes me wonder why I spent so much time pursuing you! Man oh man!

With the following hint, you may be able to answer question 5 without ever having viewed the Eiger Sanction: the number of the room in which "groundman" Ben Bowman stayed is divisible by the third power of the two smallest positive primes. The room is on the second floor.

Poooooope. Wham! Wham-wham!

You'll be all right, Pope.

"You'll be on the second floor with the other climbers. Room 216. I'll have your luggage sent up immediately."

"Yeah. And tell them to send up a case of beer."

Ok, I'm back in. It's just your charm, Pope. I couldn't resist.

Here's another question for *you* (integrating both mathematical and Eiger-esque components) : How would you ensure a safe experience if Aunt Jemima, Madam Montainge, and Ms. Buns wanted to have a foursome with you, and you only had two "pieces of protection?"

[This message has been edited by Hemlock (edited 05-23-2001).]

Hey Hemlock! Let's see, three broads, only two raincoats, everybody has to have a safe experience. Actually, I discovered this method when I was a poor university student, when there were certainly more "projects" than I could reasonably afford to protect.

Here's the beta: put on both raincoats, seduce lady "X", then remove the outer raincoat. Seduce lady "Y", with the inner polypropylactic in situ. Finally, reverse the outer raincoat before putting it back on over top of the inner, then acquaint yourself with lady "Z".

Question 6: In the end, we find that Ben Bowman has collaborated with "the other side", with Miles Mellough. Why did Ben feel that he owed Miles a favor?

Simply magnificent, Mr. Bronco. Hopefully this question will also be quite answerable without requiring a trip to Scarecrow Video:

Question 7: In a conversation with Madame Montaigne, Jonathan offers an opionion to explain why the seasoned Jean-Paul continues to climb mountains at his age. What, in Jonathan's opinion, motivates Jean-Paul?

as i recall she invites Hemlock to share a nightcap... he says something like "he tries to keep you from sleeping with younger men by staying young himself," then comments "guess it didn't work" and she stalks off in a huff

on a side topic, this euphemism (come in for a nightcap) was so common (threes company, etc.) that until my mid teens, I thought the word simply meant sex, not just a cozy drink that might lead to sex.

[This message has been edited by forrest_m (edited 05-24-2001).]