CRAIGSLIST AD

ALLCAPS

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last modified: Fri, 7 Apr 20:58 PDT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2006-04-07, 7:28PM PDT

This posting has been removed by craigslist community.

These are nasty people. Just abusive, lying, hostile, check how they talk about women, disgusting. There are so many liars there it's incredible.

To any other women or anyone please stay away from these internet mongers.

I got involved as friends with a bunch of people from cascadeclimbers.com. A so called "climbing" message board. Most of the posting & discussion is very non-climbing oriented. Like 75% of it. Pathetic gossip, nonsense, white trash especially, sick vulgarity, sexism (!), often boarderline criminal insinuations...ick.

this is in or around seattle

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Sounds like Ballard Barbie to me hahaha.gifyellaf.gifwazzup.gif

i agree with the ad. every respectable climber i've ever known has been humble and pretty much nice. this site, however, seems like it's filled with a bunch of egotistical idiots.

and she's not alone in her sentiments. most of the climbers i know think this site is full of BS too. the only thing it's good for is the OCCASSIONAL well-done trip report, [excluding the retarded replies and self-embelishing remarks posted thereafter].

get a clue folks.

the only thing it's good for is the OCCASSIONAL well-done trip report

Funny you say that Brett... looking at your posts it seems you have solicited the advice and insight of cc.com more than once.

Which one is it? Waste of bandwidth or source of info for newbies that don't understand avalanches? wazzup.gif

i agree with the ad. every respectable climber i've ever known has been humble and pretty much nice. this site, however, seems like it's filled with a bunch of egotistical idiots.

Your very first post said you were a newbie in '04. Maybe you should climb for a few more years before you try and generalize about what you know about climbers.

If you can hang with climbing and do something more impressive than toprope the gritstone at 38 you may have a different view of how normal climbers and you are. smirk.gifcantfocus.gif

Brett, I agree with you fully. However, this site is what it is, so you'll have to take it or leave it because some folks like it the way it is and, more importantly, it really isn't about to change in any big way. Even if we do further "clean up" one or two of the subforums or something, this board will remain a home for those who want to entertain themselves as the add describes.

Don't be intimidated by those who will attack you for saying what you think about it.

the only thing it's good for is the OCCASSIONAL well-done trip report

Funny you say that Brett... looking at your posts it seems you have solicited the advice and insight of cc.com more than once.

Which one is it? Waste of bandwidth or source of info for newbies that don't understand avalanches? wazzup.gif

Touche! Thin skinned girlymen should go somewhere else. The advice I see offered here has been for the most part genuine, practical and honest. Some of these ccers have more experience than you or I can even imagine acquiring. Take the good with the bad, and stop complaining. In the mean time bring on the flamethrowers. the_finger.gif

Funny, but most of the folks I've met from this board are great people. Maybe it's just my old fart back-in-the-day perspective, but it seems a little odd pairing the words "respectable" and "climber." Of course, it takes a lot of colors to make a rainbow, and you will be able to find other online climbing forums that starch their shirts with more vigor. It'll be easier to find what you need elsewhere than to hope to remodel this place to suit your sensibilities. bigdrink.gif Good luck out there...

bigdrink.gif Good luck out there...

too polite, off-white.

hey brett, go stick a bible up your ass,douchebag.

Been at it for over 18 years and the climbs that hold my interest now run 3-5 weeks to get her done. The longer these climbs get ,the more important it is to have good,solid people with a sense of humor on the other end of the rope.

Rule #1 in my book is not to tie in with gopher lickers that have a stick up their ass. Trash talking fellow climbers is all part of the fun,dude. It also passes the time, keeps morale up and sets standards. Also, if some little wank like you can't take heat on silly little forum then he is probalby going to be a useless bitch on the mountain.

you guys pretty much proved my point. good work....

Big talk from a barely-legal jam-band member from Puyallup with a peach-fuzz goatee and a backpack bigger than he is.

Go peddle your namby-pamby NIMBY whining elsewhere, punter! the_finger.gif

Now, who wants to go clip some hardcore bolts? wave.gif

Brett, I agree with you fully. However, this site is what it is, so you'll have to take it or leave it because some folks like it the way it is and, more importantly, it really isn't about to change in any big way. Even if we do further "clean up" one or two of the subforums or something, this board will remain a home for those who want to entertain themselves as the add describes.

Don't be intimidated by those who will attack you for saying what you think about it.

Ya know at least Brett is young, and he still has time to change his uptight ways. I'm more worried about super serious, "old ( wink.gif )," guys. If your not carefull you're going to end up a curmudgeon. shocked.gif