Did Bush authorize leak of Plame's Identity?

mattp

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No lie. Ivan, you are an ass.

And I'm not cherry picking here.

"Cherry picking" is lying according to anybody but some manipulative cc.com poster or maybe a ten year old tryhing to get out of something:

See Websters Main Entry for the noun "lie"

1 a : an assertion of something known or believed by the speaker to be untrue with intent to deceive b : an untrue or inaccurate statement that may or may not be believed true by the speaker

2 : something that misleads or deceives

3 : a charge of lying

Oh matt you indeed a "Cherry Picker" Check this out:

link

selection of only the best: the activity of pursuing the most lucrative, advantageous, or profitable among various options and leaving the less attractive ones for others

And by the way what's up with all the insults? Now for all your talk about staying on topic and "dodges" I am struck by your continued slip into the cry of The tubes the tubes the tubes! A quick review of your posts Bush threads shows how this cry comes out at every concievable opportunity - especially when your current argument has sunk - clearly there is a difference between cherry picking and telling a lie. In this thread I am talking of cherry picking.

Please compare and contrast to your definition of "lie". Both "Cherry Picking" and telling a lie can be practiced separately or teamed up together. I know that this can be confusing but referring to the definitions will help you to make the distinction.

Bookmark this page!

bigdrink.gif

Peter:

"My" definition came from Websters dictionary.

Cherry picking is one thing; presenting your cherries as the entire story - over and over again, while carefully guarding the fact that there were some "uncherries," and in the process deliberately misleading the American public - is lying.

You're right. Whenever the Bush machine's political tactics or motives come up I call them liars. It seems that is all they know how to do. What? Me? I never tried to link Saddam and 911. They lie just about every single day and somehow the liberal press and those evil freedom-hating democrats continue to let them get away with it.

Just yesterday, for example, Bush said that the illegal aliens are doing jobs that Americans refuse to do. That is obviously B.S. True, few Americans will work for pennies an hour, but if they paid a decent wage there would be plenty of American citizens willing to pick fruit, take care of old people, serve as nannies, or whatever else it is that he thinks only aliens are willing to do. It is not a matter of his believing what he says - he knows he's lying.

Peter:

"My" definition came from Websters dictionary.

Cherry picking is one thing; presenting your cherries as the entire story - over and over again, while carefully guarding the fact that there were some "uncherries," and in the process deliberately misleading the American public - is lying.

You're right. Whenever the Bush machine's political tactics or motives come up I call them liars. It seems that is all they know how to do. What? Me? I never tried to link Saddam and 911. They lie just about every single day and somehow the liberal press and those evil freedom-hating democrats continue to let them get away with it.

Two things:

In Matt's original post the definition is cleary labeled as being from Websters. In my quote of his post this attribution is plainly shown. So does it seem reasonable to claim that in using the term "your" in my last post I was at all suggesting that his definition was deficient or his alone? No! I encouraged him to use that very definition to compare to the definiton of Cherry Picking that I provided. I wil leave it to readers to decide for themselves why he wrote the sentence in red. Could it have anything to do with misdirection? An "appearent" correction of a error on my part? Could this be a manipulative tactic?

In the second paragraph the distinction between cherry picking and telling a lie is suddenly accepted yet a few posts above we saw written:

"Cherry picking" is lying according to anybody but some manipulative cc.com poster or maybe a ten year old tryhing to get out of something

Which shall it be: manipulative cc.com poster or ten year old trying to get out of something?

oo-oo-oo! alpinek's an ass too!

seriously boys - aren't you overanalyzing this one a bit? proving bush is an idiot isn't exactly lie figuring out pi to the last decimal - and arguing he's a decent man w/ a respectable plan casts you as the neighborhood 'tard

Watching Peter Puget try to spin this kind of crap is funnier than watching a retarted blind spider monkey on crack try to give a blowjob to Dick Cheney.

Dodge, Duck, Dive, Dip, Dodge!!!

2004_dodgeball_wallpaper_003.jpg

jesus christ you fucking candy-ass! we're trying to have a serious conversation here! watching you people debate politics is like watchign a bunch of retards try to hump a doorknob!

Edited by ivan

Now, these kind of jokes, as long as you are "spinning" it MY way, are OK. Just like the line from Scott McClellan today about how some leaks are in the public interest. Post another twisted dick and I'll call you an ass again.

But, Peter, you whine that I did not address your alternate definition. Perhaps you didn't read my post:

Let's face it, DC wouldn't be DC w/o leaks.

Yes, I heard a couple of commentators say that today. Just what is that supposed to mean?

It's no big deal if our President is a self serving crook?

All politicians do it, so why should we care?

Sure, there have been some leaks that I think were a good thing -- like the Pentagon Papers or whatever -- but what is the value of this statement as a comment on today's (yesterday's actually) news stories?

Watching Peter Puget try to spin this kind of crap is funnier than watching a retarted blind spider monkey on crack try to give a blowjob to Dick Cheney.

Dodge, Duck, Dive, Dip, Dodge!!!

I can't say as I support Pete's point of view, but I do admire his ability to get somebody's knickers all twisted up. hahaha.gif