C3's

cdomsch

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Durability ?????

When is the last time you had or heard about a camalot blowing up or falling apart on anyone? Why would C3s be any different?

They are plenty flexible.

But it's a BD version 1 product so anything might happen hahaha.gif

oh, and cbs, they are waaaaaay more flexi than tcu's...

having said that, i use tcu's ALL the time and they are my favorites...built like tanks...i'm still using some that i've had from the late 80's...and i USE them, I suck and fall ALL of the time...

I hate tcu's. they are great new, but once you fall on them or overcam them and have to wrestle them out and you bend one of the cable-stems, they become worthless. I have BD camalots, aliens and metolius cams, and the metolius are the only ones that have quit working on me. and yes, i have tried rebending them back in shape, but they are never quite the same again.

Durability ?????

When is the last time you had or heard about a camalot blowing up or falling apart on anyone? Why would C3s be any different?

They are plenty flexible.

I had heard about some of the "testers" breaking one or two of theirs. Due to them getting stuck or something along those lines. I can probably find out more.

I hate tcu's. they are great new, but once you fall on them or overcam them and have to wrestle them out and you bend one of the cable-stems, they become worthless. I have BD camalots, aliens and metolius cams, and the metolius are the only ones that have quit working on me. and yes, i have tried rebending them back in shape, but they are never quite the same again.

maybe you are to fat?? confused.gif

i've lobbed on mine too many times to count...never retired any of them...

maybe you are to fat?? confused.gif

i've lobbed on mine too many times to count...never retired any of them...

I weigh 140 lbs. too fat...??? maybe. it could also do with the areas I have climbed. I used to do a lot of trad at Eldorado Canyon in Boulder. Lots of placements in horizontal cracks, etc. not straight up and down, so the stems get bent if you fall. Maybe they are better for other types of climbing. But anyway, I used BD camalots and Aliens in the same place and never have had a problem with those.

• 4 weeks later...

I used a set of C3s earlier this year on a climb. I really liked 'em. I've been exclusively metolious TCU/FCU for my small freeclimbing cams. the C3s have a softer flex across the wide part than the metolious and have a much, much narrower head. They are very ridid along the axle, which I love because it makes getting stuck pieces out easier. this is primarily the reason why I have used metolius over aliens. I also like that the trigger wires are so short and out of the way they they probably won't get cut on the smallest cams. the downside is that they are expensive, but I'll probably end up getting them for when I retire my other small cams or when building a larger aid rack.

• 3 weeks later...