[TR] Dragontail - TC ski descent 4/4/2006

TeleRoss

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are getting all bummed out about nothing. smile.gif The couliors have never been the "challenge" of climbing UP TCs. It's the runnels. The ski descent is an entirely different beast. You are there for the couliors (tedious when climbed, IMHO) and not the runnels.

Good points, and I agree. Just to be clear, I'm not bummed out about anything -- I'm impressed and inspired. And self-deprecating sometimes. But not bummed out! bigdrink.gif

Good stuff Ross. I know that you had tried that several times. Ha. I hate when that happens, but anything that comes too easy just ain't right. It makes me feel dirty. I need to try at least 3 times beforehand. By then I'm a bonified whore and it ain't so bad.

On that note, way to ride 'er all the way down.

Fucking triple badass! In a climbing world where "style" is becoming a somewhat overused term, TC skied solo, freeheel, in-a-day, night-naked, with no pre-inspection is pretty freakin' proud style - nice work.

There have been a number of impressive lines skied this year, posing a question. So are skiers just getting bolder, the equipment getting better, combo of both?

I have noticed that as well. I think the answer is that NW skiers are getting bolder - only about 20 years behind dem Euros now. In addition, this year has simply been unreal for skiing. Lots of quality snow with lots of high pressure in between with low freezing levels equals amazing conditions. Climbs that felt difficult a few years ago, skied easily to me this year, but it all came down to the fantastic snow since I aint got no betta at skiing in years.

While everything about your trip is impressive, most so for me is that you motivated to leave seattle at 11:30 at night. I sometimes have trouble staying awake driving home after work to north seattle, let alone to Leavenworth in the middle of the night. Did you sleep before making the return trip to Seattle? Seriously, the way you (and Sky) manage 24 hours is truly amazing.

There have been a number of impressive lines skied this year, posing a question. So are skiers just getting bolder, the equipment getting better, combo of both?

Cleary there was a dirty little secret that all the best alpine ice climbs are coincident extremo powder runs. I guess this means that all your posthole are belong to them now. rockband.gif

Nice work Bro. Those couloirs look sweet in your pictures! Glad you got that out of your system. Your plan had me a bit stymied though; I'd much rather climb it to know the conditions, especially since I've never climbed it to know what to expect in the first place.

I don't think it's really fair to compare the Cascades to the Alps. I haven't skied in the Alps, so maybe I'm talking from my ass. But I don't think anything compares to vertical bushwhacking with skis on your back.

I don't know if I would say "several".

Let's see.....

Climbed it with skis two years ago, didn't go there last year. And this was the third trip this year....HAHAHAHA

I guess that's on the border line beteween a few and several. cantfocus.gif

What about when Jason hurt his knee? Hmm? Make that five at least.

Jizzelink: I'd be impressed as hell if you rapped the North Ridge of Stuey, just because of the amount of gear you'd hafta haul to make the anchors. Sounds like a challenge. On the other hand, that's a lotta garbage to leave in the hillz. DirtyHarry prolly wouldn't mind cleaning your mess though.