Snow Creek vs Lake Colchuck

COL._Von_Spanker

quote:

Originally posted by Dean Lowery:

[big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][Wink]

Thats some backin'up! A few more like that and you'll no longer be a Lurker

I want to hear about the time you yodeled your way through Asguard pass only to find that you were 2 months too early and all the enchantments were under 12 feet of snow. Didn't you harvest a bunch of snaffle to make a oil lamp so you could get back out in the dark?

Nice! [Wazzup]

Ha Ha, Page Top!

[ 10-12-2002, 05:28 AM: Message edited by: Smoker ]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smoker said

quote:

I want to hear about the time you yodeled your way through Asguard pass only to find that you were 2 months too early and all the enchantments were under 12 feet of snow.

Who told you that story? I thought it was a well guarded secret for the past uncountable years but obviously Smoker, you have connections. Now yodeling has been banned by the forest service unless you have a $5 yodeling permit. Violators of the yodeling law are subject to prison time.

BTW, I value my lurker status [sNAFFLEHOUND]

quote:

Originally posted by Dean Lowery:

I've been out Aasgard probably 6 or more times and I really hate that route since the talus is always shifting underfoot. On a hot day it is a bitch (to me) and it puts real hurt on my ageing knees.

I know what you mean, I've only descended Aasgard, 4 times as a Dragontail descent route, and each time its made me vow never to go up because it was so awful down. Entering my older wiser years, I've come to the conclusion that for the steep stuff, down is worse than up, for just the reasons you stated. Truth be told, I've never been closer to the enchantments than the top of Aasgard, so I think I'll have to rectify that next year. Thanks all for the great beta (even though it wasn't my question to start with).

Klenke, I'd add a couple of even worse possibilities than John Tesh. When I was younger, my parents would punish me by making me watch the Lawrence Welk show. It was so hard to suffer through that suicide would have been worthwhile. [big Drink]

The other one I'm thinking of is listening to David Hasselhoff sing (can't act either) At least they had one or two in the Welk band who could yodel on occasion (arrrgggg) I gotta stop this, I may ruin my lurker status. [Frown]