Off_White

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So here's the afternoon update:

It's a pretty mixed bag, and I'm conflicted because I really really want to climb. Some things are wet, some are dry, and I can't really tell how tender the stone is. Manly, Futility Bill, Hercules, & The Governor are definitely wet. Riddler, Boa, Virgins, & Calvin are dry. Confucius, Pete & Teds, Squirt Theory, and Never Surrender are maybe dry.

I suppose the answer is just be really considerate and careful about climbing this evening, but its gonna rain again tomorrow, so lets make hay while the sun is shining.

We're on for tomorrow.

Parking is becoming an issue, folks should carpool or leave extra vehicles at the store in Tenino. There are about 7 parking spaces available: one just before the bridge on the left, 3 in the new pullout on the left after the bridge, two in the old turnout on the left before the trail, and one (rough) just in front of the gate to the new field at the start of the trail. After that, folks gotta start parking out on the street.

Yeah, it kinda freaks me out too, not to mention my wife. She said a few weeks back that some couple of strangers gave her the hairy eyeball for driving down her own driveway, she was about ready to jump out and punch their lights out.

I can't charge for climbing without compromising my liability exemption as provided in the WA State Law (Thanks for getting climbing specifically included in that legislation Andy Fitz!), but I bet I could charge for parking.

Who knows, I might have to make a "Crag Full, Go Home" sign to put in the road.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...