[TR] Tam McArthur and Kwohl Butte- North and East Sides 3/27/2006

gapertimmy

Climb: Tam McArthur and Kwohl Butte-North and East Sides

Date of Climb: 3/27/2006

Trip Report:

Two days, two sleds, turns, too plab.

Tam McArthur Rim

Sunday myself, gaperbecky, and jlag headed up to 3 creeks lake snowpark to go check out the scene on Tam McArthur Rim. This was going to be gaperbecky's first day out on the sled so we figured the meadows around the lake would be prime twostrokesled fun for her.

3113IMG_0811.JPG

get sum becky!

Instead of burning off the clouds moved in and snow began to fall as we got to the lake. So we did some slednekkin, and then skinned up the rim. There were some other skier bro's camped out up there, and they had triggered numerous surface slides on East and NorthEast facing slopes.

We also heard 3 whoomps while hanging out around the lake. Thus we decided to build a booter and sess the shit out of it. Well we actually didn't do that, but it would have been way plab if we did. The turns were good, but the good times and company made the day.

Monday: THE KWOHL

Monday I linked up with jlag and mellag to head out to DA KWOHL. The Kwohl, for those whom aren't educated in C-O buttes is the hill lookers left(south) of Bachy. Kwohl really isn't much fun, and it takes a super long time to get out there.

I took more pictures that day so you can see that the kwohl is so not tehsuck:

3113IMG_0834.JPG

jlag cruisin up the north side of da kwohl, bachy looks on

3113IMG_0836.JPG

mr n mrs lag up on the top

3113IMG_0842.JPG

CAW CAW, the sickbird takes flight!

3113IMG_0857.JPG

jlag sprays, the good spray that is,photo by mellag

3113IMG_0864.JPG

we really should have gone to bachy and done laps instead, LOL

3113IMG_0882.JPG

and a good time was had by all

good times, great friends, i heart 2 stroke once again.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Mrs. Crawford is the new tow queen at Paulina. Hopefully she keeps it under 45 and out of the trees. You better practice or your gonna ride on the back fulltime. Great photos, great times Timmy. Can't express how lucky I am that your back. Thanks bro.

gapertimmy - you're cletus's friend right. i'm zeedashbo or z-bo from the tgr boards. i've been talking about getting to the rim for a while now. i was wondering if you could help me with some beta.

what's the access like without sleds? how long/arduous? how far from bend? is it worth going now, or should i head down a little later say next month? any help would be helpful.

zbo-

i don't know if i should acknowledge my knowledge of cletus in a public forum... cletus and i did the trip a few years back in the spring sans sled. it was a long slog for limited vert.

if i were to hike in again, i'd make sure to do it for a weekend camp out to fully utuilize the terrain. there is an abundance of excellent lines back there, its just a bit deep imho.

let me know when you want to go, and we can take the 2 stroke way.

• 1 month later...

what's the access like without sleds? how long/arduous? how far from bend? is it worth going now, or should i head down a little later say next month? any help would be helpful.

that's a LOT of questions you muthafukin leaching JONG

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Are you in Mammaries yet? Or still in Bendover? Do childish jokes about boobs or buttholes ever really get old? (Now there's a couple questions for you Cobra!)

Hello from CO you crazy cascade peeps! I do miss OR and Cascade corn season, but all is generally well over here, if a bit more crowded.

Hope all is well...KIR dooods and dudettes.