• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Wired Knut:

the old brown becky says it goes to A1, the 2nd edition says to 5.7

what's your estimate on the grade?

There are two routes (at least) listed in the old Brown Beckey. I think we came close to doing the 5.7 one once. It's about 5.7. The A1 one is the "prominent dihedral". I think we looked down this thing the last time up there. It looks sweet (and quite steep). There's quite bit of terrain up there. I don't think I ever did exactly what's in the Beckey guide (maybe we did?) Two times found some cool 5.9 pitches, but most of it was around 5.7. Some places run out.

quote:

standard alpine rack ?

[Confused] Depends on what you call a standard alpine rack. Brought stuff up to Camalot #4. There's lots of roundy flared stuff. Not really great protection everywhere.

quote:

sound like quality rock, yes/no ?

Varies. There are huge expanses of clean bomber rock. But once you get turned onto the North flank of the upper part it gets all bushy, mossy and crumbly. I think the strategy is to try to stay on the South flank, but it gets very steep up there.

Is the road closed down yet? [Mad]

• 1 year later...

Some friends and I have been looking for info on this climb, but there's not much out there. I came across this old thread here, but wondering if anyone has climbed it since. Any new beta on road conditions/approach? Has anyone done the route? Is it worth the time? Thanks for any info...