getting fired for stupid shit

whirlwind

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will pull over at a gas station if you need to get a pop

What if I'm a NAMBLA member and not into old men confused.gif

Why don't you concentrate on getting a reference from an arborist that I know then we'll talk. smirk.gifsmirk.gif

I know a few in PDX and Corvallis if that helps hahaha.gif

Whirly - now's probably a good time to start working on the grand compromise. Find something that you are good at, that'll pay enough for you to live on, and that you can stick with long enough to build up a strong skillset and some connections in whatever line of work that you end up in.

If you end up working in the trades the odds are that you'll have all of the time that you need for climbing, skiing, etc - and you'll have enough cash for food, gas, and gear on top of your regular expenses. If you can swing it some type of apprenticeship or technical certification that'll get your foot in the door might also be worth considering.

Whenever I've been marginally employed I've wound up climbing/skiing/etc way less than when I was working because I barely had enough money to eat, much less cover gas money. The only exception was when I had a start date a couple of months after I accepted an offer someplace, and new that I'd have some money coming in to replace what I was spending - but those times are pretty rare.