Building up the Peak Database for Alaska

Kelsey

Okay so this is something I have wanted to do for a while. And I hope to get a few additions this way!! I have decided to give a little prize for the person who gives the most. And I have decided to make it a little fun. If it works...well I may do it more then once. As it stands right now its only going to be for one month. Heres the information on it.

Peak Database : Click Here

Make Peak Submissions Here : Click Here

Prize:

Well since its coming out of my pocket why don't we say $40 to start and I'll add to it if necessary. But really its just $40 for posting pictures and stuff you have climbed!

What:

Whoever can donate the most pictures and/or Trip Reports to the database in one month will win.

How:

Submissions will be made into this thread and will be checked daily. Submissions will be added into the peak database by one of the members allowed. All submissions will remain the property of the owner who submitted them and will be given full credit.

Why:

To make the AMF Peak Database the biggest and most informative peak database for Alaska on the net.

1. I have decided to do this by points for extra fun.

A.Pictures of Peaks are worth 1 point

B.Trip Reports are worth 2 points

Rules:

1. Peak pictures have to be clear and the peak noticable. That is that the peak has to be the main point of the photograph and easy to tell which it is. Check the current pictures for ideas if necessary. All photos must be taken by the person who submits them. Pictures do not need to be recent. They can also be black and white.

2. Trip reports should be informative and can be as long as you want. All Trip Reports must be written by the person who submits them. They can be as old as you are.

3. Thanks a million to everyone who has given pictures and trip reports already. This contest only starts from now though. I am also going to be trying to win my money back! Which means I start over to. So Hopefully nobody who has already added to the peak database feels ripped about it cause we love you all!

4. What happens if nobody else puts their pictures and tr's in? Well then I guess I get to keep my money. Hopefully though everyone wants my money and someone takes it from me!

Enjoy

Edited by Kelsey

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. Never seen bivouac.com before. I see they are a more canadian based site? And you have to pay for the majority of the information?

I would like to include more information I was actually working on trying to get a database setup where members can add directly. Its been a real pain though as my abilities are not quite up to that level and I have been unable to find someone who can build me on where I can afford frown.gif Hopefully though!

bivouac.com are indeed Canadian based but they cover the Kluane and most of the US border peaks surrounding it to the West and South. They also seem to have entries for the Denali area etc.

They have a sophisticated database to search the nearly 25,000 mountains recorded and draw maps etc. As you point out this doesn't come easy or cheap but that's way you pay them $20 CAN for I guess - which deosn't seem like a lot to me.