missed something on steepandcheap.com?

shuksan

Well, you just might catch it on the rebound on PDX craigslist! frown.gif Isn't DFA in NW PDX?

Mar-22 SPYDER BYTE Fleece SKI Snowboard JACKET Man MENS LARGE New $100 Retail - $59 (NW Portland) pic

Mar-22 OAKLEY A FRAME Ski SNOWBOARD GOGGLES PinkBlack IRIDIUM New $139 Retail - $79 (NW Portland) pic

Mar-22 SPYDER BYTE Fleece SNOWBOARD Ski JACKET Medium WOMEN 8 New $100 Retail - $59 (NW Portland) pic

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gall?

Main Entry:   gall

Part of Speech:   noun

Definition:   nerve

Synonyms:   acrimony, animosity, arrogance, bitterness, brashness, brass, brazenness, cheek, chutzpah, conceit, confidence, crust, cynicism, effrontery, guts, haughtiness, hostility, impertinence, impudence, insolence, malevolence, malice, overbearance, pomposity, presumption, rancor, sauciness, self-importance, spite, venom

Source:   Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.1.1)

Copyright © 2006 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.

I think we mostly have a NIMBY attitude about buying cheap and reselling for profit to people who actually need them. Yeah, it's lame, but no lamer than manby other capitalistic activities. As long as that schmo isn't buying the cheap item/ticket I'm trying to buy, I really don't care.

Gall?

Main Entry: gall

Part of Speech: noun

Definition: nerve

Synonyms: acrimony, animosity, arrogance, bitterness, brashness, brass, brazenness, cheek, chutzpah, conceit, confidence, crust, cynicism, effrontery, guts, haughtiness, hostility, impertinence, impudence, insolence, malevolence, malice, overbearance, pomposity, presumption, rancor, sauciness, self-importance, spite, venom

Yes. Or:

v. gall

3. To irk or exasperate; vex:

As in, "it galled me to have Squidly catch my spelling error".

So just how much profit can you really make? Yeah it's lame to do this, but you are limited on quantities, you got to spend a crapload of time to buy, receive, post on CL, handle inquiries.

Liek Gary said, as long as I'm not missing getting one...

I'd rather sell my Gall Bladder on eBay.

-r

If this is the guy there everyone complains about, he sells this stuff on eBay and someone mentioned he spends his time bidding $0.01 to frak with the 'buy it now' option. kind o' petty but if you want to irritate the dude, that's one way to do it.

i think the problem is when it comes to gear we all think we should 'share the goodness'. unfortunately, this isn't the way our society or economy or culture is structured. when NF had their big gear giveaway, I didn't see anyone 'sharing the goodness' there either.

I thought you can sell things you have two or more of... eyes, kidneys, testicles, ovaries.

I might be wrong... Maybe the organ donor association of america took issue with this. Sort of like selling closeout crap from S&C on craigslist.

-r