Susan B Anthony Dollars

Mos_Chillin

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and damn if it isn’t gold with Sacajawea on it. First non-politician on US currency?

No. Susan B. Anthony and Benjamin Franklin. Probably others...

I would say that you're wrong. Franklin was a diplomat, and a signer of the Declaration of Independance. Susan Anthony fought (not litterally) for womens sufferage.

While they never held elected office, doesn't the effort they put into politics make them politicians? If not, what is a politician?

I think the Buffalo on the Buffalo head nickel was not a politician.

and damn if it isn’t gold with Sacajawea on it. First non-politician on US currency?

I would say that you're wrong. Franklin was a diplomat, and a signer of the Declaration of Independance. Susan Anthony fought (not litterally) for womens sufferage.

While they never held elected office, doesn't the effort they put into politics make them politicians? If not, what is a politician?

Indian head penny, Liberty dollar, $20 gold eagle...

I thought the buffalo was Ted Kennedy evils3d.gif

Just got one from the vending machine at the post office (where else?), and damn if it isn’t gold with Sacajawea on it. First non-politician on US currency?

I don't think that eagle thingy is a politician. I could be wrong though.

edited after I realized someone smart already listed this.

duh.

Edited by archenemy

The US should to do the following:

Eliminate the penny. All nonelectronic transactions are now rounded to the nearest nickel.

Replace $1 bills with coins.

Make a $2 coin.

Punch holes through the centers of some of the coins for easy identification. This is tasteless, but make the $2 coin MLK, and punch holes through him and Kennedy (50 cent).

I thought the buffalo was Ted Kennedy evils3d.gif

Moves in a heard, not bright, needs a leader, smells nasty, soon to be extinct - sounds like your standard conservative smirk.gif

Buffalo could not possibly be on the close to be extinct list. Just a couple of years ago when I was still living in MT, I was reading about the farmers complaining that the beasts were leaving the park, mixing in with their herds, exchange Brucilus (sp), etc. Plus, people on snowmobiles regularly run into them and get killed. Proof that there are either too many buffalo or too many snowmobilers. (note: I owned a snowmobile when I lived there, so no "you are a tree-hugging liberal blah blah blah thanks)

The US should to do the following:

Eliminate the penny. All nonelectronic transactions are now rounded to the nearest nickel.

Replace $1 bills with coins.

Make a $2 coin.

Punch holes through the centers of some of the coins for easy identification. This is tasteless, but make the $2 coin MLK, and punch holes through him and Kennedy (50 cent).

You're a fucking moron. Some postal worker should punch a hole through you.