Rainier

counterfeitfake

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear there's a bunch of police-state rangers there ready to dish $75 tickets for parking overnight without a camping permit. That's when it cost $15 for the pleasure of parking in the first place. Nevermind whether or not suckaz think you went high on the mountain.

Plus I hear dragons nest up there. Yuck.

I hear there's a bunch of police-state rangers there ready to dish $75 tickets for parking overnight without a camping permit. That's when it cost $15 for the pleasure of parking in the first place. Nevermind whether or not suckaz think you went high on the mountain.

So, how high did you go? So, how high did you go?

Ha. Ha.

Plus I hear dragons nest up there. Yuck.

That would be the white dragon? I hear he's a fisty one.

Saturday was six hours in whiteout conditions to Muir Hut. Out of six people in the hut only two made the attempt on Sunday. Pochi said they made it not quite to the top of the Cowlitz before they turned around. They were post-holing badly and it was blowing like stink. She said she'd write a TR.

Scott, Steve and I headed up Friday afternoon with a light snow falling and thick clouds. Deep snow, whiteout conditions, and strong relentless winds made the going slow. Ran into solo climber Greg who was 15 minutes ahead of us but had turned around hoping to run into another group to help break trail. He joined us in the uphill push. We all turned around at about 7500' due to nasty weather, slow progress, and a broken jacket zipper. GPS, map, and compass were needed to get back down as our tracks had disappeared. It is easy to see why people have died trying to get to Muir or Paradise in a whiteout.