Paradise to Muir, March 12th

Double_E

Skied up to Camp Muir and back on Sunday. Went with Scott A, Jerry S, and Chris M. Great day. Fun to finally go to Muir w/ skis on; had done so once before, on foot. Weather was pretty darn good, overall. One cloudbank kept threatening to completely envelop the mountain, but it ended up staying mostly on the W/SW sides of it. Some nice long periods of full sun, too. Coming down from Muir, snow was really nice powder for about the first 1500 feet of drop, then after that it started getting crustier and/or denser in places. Not too bad tho.

Toyed with the idea of doing the Nisqually Chutes .... then Jerry skied over to the entry point and looked down to see some other skiers struggling with reeaally crusty conditions, so we opted to take the regular route down.

Jerry, Scott, Chris, and Tatoosh:

555854-photo14.jpg

More pics eventually .... haven't got around to organizing them yet.

555854-photo14.jpg.4695104d8e723893d358de4af00aa955.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As one of the other skiers in the chute when your friend asked about the quality I can say that you made the right choice in skiping it. It was worth it to say that I had done it, but I think that there were about 10 decent turns in 4400 vertical feet of skiing and they were at the bottom when we were too worked to enjoy them.