Favorite Tuolomne Climbs

Mos_Chillin

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you pining for long summer days in the meadows or planning them?

I remember great adventures on these:

Inverted Staircase on Fairview.

Eichorn Pinnacle (w/direct 5.10 variation).

Phobos on the Phobos/Deimos wall.

Cathedral Peak by full moon.

Even the oft-crowded trade-routes kicks ass:

Regular Route on Fairview.

West Crack on Daff Dome.

Still on my hit list:

Hoodwink.

Third Pillar.

Lucky Streaks.

Oz.

fruit.gif

Cathedral Peak by full moon.

Favorite climb I have ever done! Durring the day it is still very fun but crouded. On a night with a full moon it is increadable. I would also recomend Tenya peak, Echo peaks, Mathers Crest, Anything on Conness, South crack, West Country, Great White Book, The Yawn, Gaylens Crack and on and on. Danm it has been almost 8 years. I may need to do a summer road trip soon.

It's lifted from the web, so I can take no credit for the pic. The route features 3 full pitches of horizontal traversing a couple pitches off the deck. Most of it is more featured and casual, but that shot is the main dish, a solid 40 feet of continuous 5.9. Not that hard, but a wee bit intimidating - I pedalled out and back to the rest a couple times before committing to it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll vote for Mathes (not Mathers, Snaileye) Crest. Two 60 meter pitches to an unforgetable neverending ridge traverse - if you stay on the knife's proper edge, you're sometimes walking along a six inch wide balance beam with a couple hundred feet beneath you! For full value, do the full ridge (that adds a half mile). Worth every penny for admission!

wow thumbs_up.gif how hard is that?

He said so right here

It's lifted from the web, so I can take no credit for the pic. The route features 3 full pitches of horizontal traversing a couple pitches off the deck. Most of it is more featured and casual, but that shot is the main dish, a solid 40 feet of continuous 5.9 Not that hard, but a wee bit intimidating - I pedalled out and back to the rest a couple times before committing to it.

How's your reading comprehension?