Korean's in Canada

Ricardo_Montalban

hey all, a friend of mine in seoul posted this and i thought some of you folks could help out with some of her questions.

any ideas for her?

much appreciated...

-rick

Hi there!

I'm just wondering if anyone can help me out. Some of my Korean climbing friends are going on a trip to Canada soon, and don't have much information about it. Unfortunately, I haven't climbed in Canada, so I don't know what to tell them, and am not sure where to find information. (I'm also hoping to go on a climbing trip there this summer, so any info. would be much appreciated by me as well. )

They are planning to stay in Western Canada, and hope to spend a couple of weeks sport climbing (maybe Squamish, there is sport climbing there, right?, or possibly the Banff/Canmore or southern Alberta region), and then a couple of weeks doing some mountaineering-style stuff, probably in the Bugaboos.

Does anyone have or know where I can find any guidebooks or maps for them?

Are there some classic areas/climbs/mountains that you would recommend?

Where can I find information about snow and weather conditions, especially in the Bugaboos?

Do you know anyone that could possibly meet up with them, guide them around, that sort of thing? (C'mon guys, we have to keep up our rep as the 'friendly' country! )

They (and myself too!) would be incredibly thankful for any other information that you can think of as well, i.e. - accommodations, transportation, good restaurants(they're not vegetarians ), etc.

Cool...thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out here!

Cheers!

Dee

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic