Spray in the real world

G-spotter

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actual call to the design eng this a.m.:

Me: So, tell me about this new catch basin and culvert at the weigh station.

Her: Yes, that's to replace the existing undersized culvert that's failing. We'll pump the old one full of slurry and abandon it.

Me: Yeah, I get that part. But the bottom of your sed basin is higher elevation than your culvert inlet.

Her: Umm, yeah I guess it is.

Me: So did water start running uphill this week, or you have a pumphouse that didn't make the plans?

Her: Well, no, there's no pump. Our hydrologist said this was the best configuration though.

Me: Ok then. Well, I recommend you either raise the elevation of your weigh station building and the road bed, because the whole area is going to be under about 4 ft of water, or teach your hydrologist how to read topo lines. Let me know when you figure it out. rolleyes.gif

Actual call to the design eng this a.m.:

Me: So, tell me about this new catch basin and culvert at the weigh station.

Her: Yes, that's to replace the existing undersized culvert that's failing. We'll pump the old one full of slurry and abandon it.

Me: Yeah, I get that part. But the bottom of your sed basin is higher elevation than your culvert inlet.

Her: Umm, yeah I guess it is.

Me: So did water start running uphill this week, or you have a pumphouse that didn't make the plans?

Her: Well, no, there's no pump. Our hydrologist said this was the best configuration though.

Me: Ok then. Well, I recommend you either raise the elevation of your weigh station building and the road bed, because the whole area is going to be under about 4 ft of water, or teach your hydrologist how to read topo lines. Let me know when you figure it out. rolleyes.gif

Good one, sounds like some of the shit we run into at my work. Seems like nobody wants to spend money on design drawings these days.

Actual call with drug company statistician last week:

Me: So, according to your protocol, your study needs to end up with 50 people with complete data, and you're expecting to lose 50% of the subjects who initally enroll?

Her: Yes, that's correct.

Me: OK, then there must be some mistake in your proposal as your plan states you will initially enroll only 75 people. If you do that and lose 50% you'll end up with around 38 people not 50.

Her: I'm not following you on that

rolleyes.gif

Actual call with drug company statistician last week:

Me: So, according to your protocol, your study needs to end up with 50 people with complete data, and you're expecting to lose 50% of the subjects who initally enroll?

Her: Yes, that's correct.

Me: OK, then there must be some mistake in your proposal as your plan states you will initially enroll only 75 people. If you do that and lose 50% you'll end up with around 38 people not 50.

Her: I'm not following you on that

rolleyes.gif

She needs a meeting with Gary.