Æthelwulf Linthwaite

ivan

my new badass climb'n pard'na - once he lets go his mama's titty, gets up off the coach and uncages the soul!

1868baby1.jpg

for those interested, Æthelwulf was the obscure 9th century wessex king to first climb 5.10 and consume his weight in HCL.gif and bigdrink.gif in a standard day

a little disappointed the kid couldn't hang on one more day to get born on the ides - i had some even more hateful latin names in the ready-rack for him; this one at least has already proven highly succesful in pissing off my old man (and theoritically at least the great to the 20-some-odd power grandson of said saxon monarch)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my new badass climb'n pard'na - once he lets go his mama's titty, gets up off the coach and uncages the soul!

Even if he does you still have to let go of your mama's titty!!!! And clean the bathroom and mow the yard! yellaf.gif

Congrats dude! Bring him to DT night and we can take turns watching him so you can climb! bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifyoda.gifwazzup.gif

Æthelwulf is at least in theory a family name, as linthwaite is a geographic region in england near the 9th century king's realm (actually, to call him a king is a bit generous - england at that time was a motley assortment of barbarian bastards not unlike backwoods west virginia today - buncha buck-toofed numnuts jeaolousy slaying one another over who had the least homely girlfriend and biggest pile of busted-up bullshit rotting away in the front forty) - sometime in the past 200 years one of my grandpapies, no doubt w/ wick still wet and ears still ringing, fled the law thisaways and adopted the handle of his hometown.

as king, apparantly the big Æ affected a momentary unity amongst saxons, angles and celts around a mockery of jesus-worshipping, took an all expense paid trip to rome to spread the seed...er, word...then returned home to find his son's had screwed him outta house n' hearth.

Did you just watch Beowulf or somethin yellaf.gif

dude, all the movie versions of that story blow! the translated text fawk'n rockband.gif though - however, i attributed my denali partner's high-altitude mental melt-down in part to my mushsmile.gif -fueled raucous recitation of said bard-verse

You're going to start a Anglo-Saxon name renaissance.

dude, there's so much sweet shit out there to use! kinda makes me wanna get busy making a whole slew more - luckily me own great poverty and general inability to score even w/ my own wife oughta scotch that

still, for those interested, good names left up for grabs:

Ælle [Aelli]

Ælfwine [Aelfuini]:Chronicles.

Æðelbert [Aedilberct]

Æðelfrid [Aedilfrid]

Æðelhun [Aedilhum]

Æðelred [Aedilred]

Æðelwald [Aediluald]

Æðelwalh [Aedilualch]

Alchfrid

Aldfrid

Aldhelm