Crystal creek?

Dean_Lowery

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy I work with went up Crystal Creek about 30 years ago and said he probably wouldn't do it again. Not much to gain via that route unless your objectives include the Nightmare Needles or Pennant and the Flagpole. The route up McClellan from Crystal Creek wouldn't be all that direct anyway.

A few years back we were going to try and do the flagpole, and went up crystal,what a pain in the ass. It would be easier if you started traverse about a 1/2 mi. before you reach the creek. But if you don't know where its at, you will go up the creek which sucks. Go light. If your looking to go in to the enchantments theres better ways.

Hi:

Went up Crystal Creek some years ago with plan to climb S. Face route on Little Annapurna. Bagged that idea due to wicked stonefall and continued straight up to the col divide at head of Crystal Creek cirque (?), then scrambled to the summit from there. Lost my classic J. Brown helmet on the way down [Frown] . I agree with the suggestion that starting up about a 1/4 t 1/2 mile downstream from the creek is the way to go.

I have thought often of returning to Crystal Creek and spending a day climbing among the pinnacles. Most enchanting!