Just moved here

Julia

Hey everyone,

My boyfriend and I just moved to Seattle and I'm looking for climbing partners. I'm mostly a rock climber but am getting into mountaineering reciently and hope to climb some mountains in addition to rock this summer. I'm really looking for other girls to climb with, so if you're a girl rock climber or mountaineer, let me know! I'd love to climb with you!

For rock climbing, I've got lots of room to improve. I'm currently only climbing 5.8's and 5.9's clean on top rope. I can get up a 10, but it's not pretty. Trad is my favorite, but sport is fun too. My goal for the summer is to climb 10's solidly and to be leading sport 8's by September. Next summer, I'll learn to lead trad.

As far as mountaineering goes, I'm taking a beginning mountaineering course through the Washington Alpine Club this Spring. I'm planning on climbing Mt. Whitney, Mt, Hood, Mt. Adams, and Mt. Baker this summer. Next summer, I hope to do Rainer.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully you'll be able to meet some local women through this board, but the demographics here tend to be a bit skewed towards the Y-chromosome, so it may be worth contacting an outfit like www.sheclimbs.org or putting up notice at Stone Gardens or Vertical World as well.

Good luck finding partners and enjoy the PNW.

Hey, I am not quite a lead climber yet, I am taking a lead climbing course this year, and have good experience with glacier climbing. If you would like to go out for a conditioning hike, or hit the gym, let me know. I too need to expand my climbing community. PM me if you want.

Hello-

I am a little out of the way as I live in Bellingham (1.5 hrs north, but I am always looking for partners. Mt Hood is definitely on my list as well this summer. I have done several alpine routes in the cascades. I am leading 5.8 trad and following 5.10. My preference is also for trad and I would love to be leading 5.10 by the end of this summer, in hopes for a little yosemite action in the fall.

Jesi

I checked out sheclimbs and their Washington state contact is Amy Recker at Vertical World, but mail to her bounced. The sheclimbs site looks pretty dated.

I'm new to climbing and looking for partners, but I'm not at your level, Julia. I only just started (like three weeks ago), so I'm doing a lot of top-roped 5.7s and 5.8s and building some muscle so I can boulder.

Hello Ladies,

OK, so we're going to do this again next Friday, March 31st. Hopefully you can all make it! Let's try for noon on Friday, at Stone Gardens. PM me if there is another time that works better for you. Hope to see you there! Maybe I can have a sign up welcoming all the ladies from cc.com

smile.gif

OK...I received a bunch of PMs about tomorrow at Stone Gardens. It seems the ladies of cc.com are really out there! Many of you were opting for a later time at the gym. OK, let's try for 2pm, tomorrow, March 31st. Let me know if that works for you!!

Cheers,

Christy

There was definetely cleavage!

It was great to have met you ladies last Friday! We're going to plan to meet again this Friday at Stone Gardens until the weather gets better and we can rope up outside. 2pm-ish at SG perhaps? Maybe later? PM me with times you can meet.

Rock on ladies!

Christy