Fave Smith shoes?

northwest_dad

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear by the Boreal Aces

Boreal rubber isn't so good, but the shoes are. solution: resole with 5.10 rubber.

Sportiva Muira is my first choice. good rubber, agressive toe. They will allow you to climb AT LEAST 3 grades harder than with an anasazi. the_finger.gif

Whoa, 3 grades harder? That is some serious shoe action! I heard that if you spray your quick draws with Teflon then the rope moves through them slower and you can raise your redpoint limit at least one more grade, depending on rope width of course..........javascript:void(0)

wink.gifwink.gif

Anyway, thanks, I'll probably check out the Anasazi shoes 'cause 5.10 shoes seem to fit my big toes bigger and I've heard good things about them. Might need some spray paint for the pink though, or just bring back the whole tights thing.

Sportiva Muira is my first choice. good rubber, agressive toe. They will allow you to climb AT LEAST 3 grades harder than with an anasazi. the_finger.gif

Wow, I gotta retire my blue 5.10 Kaukulators which have to be 2 sizes oversized. So you are saying I can jump my runnout offwidth ratings up 3 to 5.8 from 5.4? Schweet. I'm jumping on that.

Opps, nevermind, I see you're discussing nubbins. These floppy Kaukulators kick ass on nubbins.

Edited by billcoe

Sportivas, on the other hand, are consistently well-built, well-designed, high-performing, and well worth the price.

Mad Rocks are cheap, and you will get what you pay for in order to save 30 bucks. Shabby fit, mass-produced feel, and the fastest-wearing rubber out there. Caveat emptor.

Evolvs appear to be a bit more of a quality product, although I have never climbed in them.