Finding the ideal tent

hinterlandoasis

Well, I got my REI dividend the other day, and I'm looking for a tent. I'm very into the outdoors, long hiking trips, mountaineering etc.. I used to think light and fast was the way for me because I like hiking, but now as time goes by I'm getting more and more into mountaineering, and am not sure what I should go for because tents aren't cheap. I'm thinking 2 person would probably be the best. I've been looking at 3, 3/4, and 4 season tents. At NOLS we used the mountain hardwear 4 season tents, and the clip system for the pols was very attractive (as opposed to the sleves). Anyway, any suggestions would be great because reviews haven't been to helpful so far. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

don't matter the brand - after a long day of trudging through the snow, the ideal tent's gotta one of these inside:

Boze_Girl_Bust_Big.jpg

course, if it's a small tent (like them little biblers, which do rock btw) there might not be much room to move around in... HCL.gifbigdrink.gif