Looking for beginner glacier-skier partners

Double_E

I really wanted to take the Mountaineers' glacier-skiing class this spring, but it isn't gonna work, cuz of other plans I had for parts of April. SO.... any other glacier skiing n00bs out there want to get together and teach ourselves a thing or two??? Here's some stuff I want to work on:

Skiing roped up ... have never done it, either going uphill or downhill. Have travelled roped up a few times before, but on foot. Have always thought that skiing roped up was crazy.. just couldn't be that much fun at all.... but I'm starting to realize that it's just what you gotta do, if you want to expand your ski horizons.

Z-pulleys with skis on ... have practiced z-pulley 3x, but but never with skis on. And also never in an actual crevasse.

Skiing with a HUGE pack on ... have done only two overnight trips before, with full pack, on skis.

Winter camping ... only done so a few times, and never above like 5000 feet. Would really like to camp above 7000 this winter, and if so, soon... cuz there's only 15 days of winter left!!

Hoping to meet some others with similar abilities in at least a couple of these areas.... who might want to put in some time in Paradise/Muir/Nisqually in March, and then maybe do some ski trips in the N. Cascades later in the spring, maybe summer.

Some more random info...

-> Got most weekends free (no kids, pets, school, etc). First half of April is booked for me, but the rest of the immediate future is pretty flexible.

-> Got 4WD.

-> Got 50m dry rope.

-> Currently have mmmmost of the glacier skiing gear I need. Don't have ski crampons, but I do plan on getting some, soon... also am debating whether to get a whippet ski pole.

-> I tend to be a little slower on the uphills than most people.. on average, more so than maybe 75% of the people in any group of bikers/climbers/skiers I'm with.

get in touch!

Ethan

bigdrink.gifGeek_em8.gifsnaf.gifwazzup.gifyoda.gif

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days