Ipod earphones

chirp

Just got a nano and as stoked as I am...I really noticed that they seem to have chinzed on the ear pieces. The tone is thin, tinny and if I adjust the EQ to "base booster" its distortion central.

Anyone have a quality recommendation for "earbud" style phones ?

My budget would be able to be punched to about $150.00 if need be but I would like to get by with something mid range.

wave.gif Thanks in advance

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have both the Etymotic ER-6 and the Shure E-2's. I think you can get either for under $150. They both are noise blocking and work great. The Shure's give slightly better sound quality and bass, but are a little bit of a PITA to put in because they have to go up around the ear. The etymotics go in much easier b/c they just insert without any acrobatics. Sound is good, but on windy days you hear a little bit of whistling, and the rubber around the wire is thinner so you are prone to hear it rubbing along your clothing. All that said, I use the etymotics most of the time b/c they are easier to put in/take out while walking around

I have the Shure e2c's and they're awesome! I run, ride, sit and type with them...can't be beat. The up around the ear thing helps them stay in while active. They are also awesome on customer service. I has a slight issue with the cable getting crimped and they hooked me up...well worth the $$$

Edited by babcock

I've got the Shure E2c's also. I like the sound, and I scored them for $69 at discountheadphones.com (who'd have thunk it?). Lately, though, I've been having some problems with one side working sporadically, I think a connection somewhere is bad, because sometimes they work, sometimes not, and moving the cable seems to help sometimes. May need to see about that good customer service, though. And yeah, the fit is a little fussy when you first put them in, and forget getting good sound if you're eating; chewing seems to break the seal, fucking up the sound.

Despite all the nitpicks, when they're doing what they do correctly, they sound dreamy. Sorta recommended.

Edited by Johnny_Tuff

Another vote for the E2C. If you get them, be aware of the fact that if you don't get a good fit the bass response will blow. Once fitted correctly though, the sound is quite nice and you don't have to crank it as loud as you would with the OEM headphones. They are fussy to get in but once in place tend to stay that way. I like the noise cancelling function when I'm riding the motorcycle and listening to tunes at the same time.