Official overseas posters list

Distel32

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S. Korea

more insta-coffee and shitty beer than you can imagine. there are over 100 variations of kim chee though!!

What about the rock and ice????? I was looking into moving there at one point, it looks like there is a lot of cool shit climb out there. Got any pictures?

well, if we're all here now we can started with the important stuff, flaming noobs and bragging about the advantages of living where we do.....

the horse meat in my freezer is definitely some of the best quality meat I've ever eaten in my life, but pricey at $1.35/Kg

I can't get decent bacon in istanbul, but i can get great steak cut exactly how i want for like $4 a pound.

The coffee is crapola too.

You poor bastards. We got a couple German butchers in town that have really good meat though expensive. I can get steaks for $2.50/lb, bacon less than a $1.00/lb, pate $0.75/lb, ham 0.50/lb. If I go to the market I a can buy a whole goat for $20-30 completely dressed and a whole sheep for $10-12 completely dressed. Alcohol though is beyond the local brew is expensive, my Chimay costs me $5 for a little bottle, but I can spend the same amount and drink Mutzig or Primus until I fall down. hahaha.gif cost $10 for a half and it's not half bad.

There is no way you're going to get a whole goat for that little in Istanbul. I doubt you could get that pricing anywhere in Turkey really. Last time I sacrificed, i think a sheep was about $130 or so...but I'm probably way off because it was three years ago.

horse meat isn't weird at all

130 for a sheep!? holy shit, I couldn't afford that haha

No shit that is Pygmy meat, there is no way I would pay that much. If told a Rwandan that you spent that much for sheep they would think that you are completely nuts.

Cass and Hite come to mind.....hahahaha

aahhh...you're familiar with our fine brews. don't forget the OB! when you go that low, they all taste the same. say luke, with all the stories about yak bouldering, i may have to head up there sometime!

What about the rock and ice????? I was looking into moving there at one point, it looks like there is a lot of cool shit climb out there. Got any pictures?

with 75% "mountaineous" countryside, there is a lot of rock to be had. i wasn't really into rock until i came here last summer so i'm not all that good. i spent most of fall with an experienced friend (who's still recovering from an injury) documenting new sites in english, learning, getting frustrated, and getting hooked. there is also ice, but not as much and too far away from me. although, you're sure to find me here during the sticky hot summer days (check out the video).

pics of climbing in jejudo (the 'hawaii' of korea)

Deodunsan pics