• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   11/10/22

Help keep cascadeclimbers.com going!  Please consider donating so we can keep this site going.   We have set expenses right now but no revenue.  We do hope to getting a sponsor to help out, but for now we just need funds to upgrade the site and pay for hosting and licensing. See the "DONATE" tab in the top menu.
Sign in to follow this  
ALLCAPS

TR: ABC MOUNTAIN

THIS SATURDAY, X, Y, Z, AND I WENT TO CLIMB ABC MOUNTAIN. I GOT UP AT 6:47 AND MET THE REST OF THE GANG AT THE PARK AND RIDE AT 7:36. THEN WE STOPPED AND GOT COFFEE. I GOT A DOUBLE TALL AMERICANO, WITH ROOM. I PUT IN ONE CREAM PACKET AND GAVE IT A TRY...BUT IT WASN'T ENOUGH! SO, I WENT AHEAD AND ADDED ANOTHER CREAM PACKET....AND GAVE IT ANOTHER GO. WHEW! THIS TIME IT TASTED REALLY GOOD, SO I WAS GOOD TO GO. X SAW MY TROUBLES AND JUST ORDERED A LATTE, BUT Y DIDN'T SEE THE FIASCO. WE SHOUTED BETA TO HIM, BUT HE INSISTED ON THE DOUBLE TALL AMERICANO. WATCHING HIM GO THROUGH THE PROCESS OF ADDING NOT TWO, BUT THREE CREAM PACKETS WAS UNBEARABLE. LUCKILY, Z DOESN'T DRINK COFFEE, AND ORDERED A TEA. ALSO, WE DEFINITELY WERE GLAD TO HAVE THE PROVIDED CUP INSULATORS...THAT STUFF IS HOT!

NEXT WE HAD TO STOP AND GET GAS, AS THE TANK WAS ONLY 1/2 FULL. Y LAUNCHED INTO A DIABTRIBE ABOUT HOW IT WAS ACTUALLY JUST 1/2 EMPTY, BUT WE KNOW Y TOO WELL...HE WAS JUST MESSING WITH US. IT WAS DECISION TIME...REGULAR? UNLEADED? SUPER-UNLEADED? WE HAD A COIN...BUT IT DIDN'T HAVE THREE SIDES! LUCKILY THE PERSON WAITING IN LINE BEHIND US KNEW EXACTLY WHICH GAS WE NEEDED...BUT HE DIDN'T NEED TO GET ALL HUFFY ABOUT IT! IN THE GAS STATION WE LOADED UP ON SOME SLIM JIMS AND BIG LEAGUE CHEW. X AND Z WENT TO THE BATHROOM AT THE SAME TIME, DON'T ASK...DON'T TELL! THE IT WAS Y'S TURN TO USE THE REST ROOM.

WE ALL GOT INTO THE CAR AND DROVE OUT OF THE GAS STATION PARKING LOT...BUT NONE OF US KNEW HOW TO GET BACK ON THE FREEWAY! AFTER A FEW CARS HONKED AT US FOR DRIVING TO SLOW, AND WE PULLED OVER SO THAT Y COULD SWITCH DRIVING RESPOSIBLITY WITH THE QUICKER REACTING X, ONLY TO BE REPLACED AS DRIVER 5 MINUTES LATER WITH A VERY ANGRY Z, WE GOT ONTO THE FREEWAY HEADED THE WRONG DIRECTION. SEVERAL EXITS LATER WE WE HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, AFTER A STOP SO THAT I COULD USE THE RESTROOM AT ANOTHER GAS STATION, AND SO THAT I COULD BUY A FEW MORE SUPPLIES (A MAGAZINE, A TIRE PRESSURE GUAGE, AND SOME GUM).

AFTER GETTING THE NECESSARY SUPPLIES, WE HEADED UP TO CLIMB ABC MOUNTAIN. WE GOT LOST ON THE APPROACH AND NEVER MADE IT TO THE ROUTE. BACK AT THE CAR WE ENJOYED HOSTESS DING DONGS AND RED BULLS. X GOT INTO A FIGHT WITH Z, BUT Y INTERVENED. I TOOK PICTURES OF THE FIGHT, BUT Z PULLED THE FILM OUT AND EXPOSED IT (AND SPIT ON ME) SO SADLY THERE ARE NO PICTURES OF OUR TRIP.

GEAR NOTES:

CUP INSULATORS

BIG LEAGUE CHEW

If you prewarm your cup by filling it with hot water, your coffee will stay hotter, longer. Works with both lattes and americanos.

If you prewarm your cup by filling it with hot water, your coffee will stay hotter, longer.

I tried that once, it didn't do jack for my coffee, but it kept my nuts warm.

Is ABC Mountain next to Liberty Mountain, Brokeback Mountain, Misty Mountain and so on?

I'D TELL YOU WERE ABC MOUNTAIN IS BUT WE ARE TRYING FOR THE 7TH KNOWN ASCENT OF THIS MOUNTAIN. I WOULD TELL YOU WHO X,Y, AND Z ARE, BUT THE POST HERE AND DID NOT WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS TR.

Thanks ALLCAPS great TR, there is few CCer's that need this TR, but probably still don't get it. Get it, got it, good.

Just in case you didn't get it, try again

You suck, ALLCAPS boxing_smiley.gif

Mos you're kidding? Someone showed up and displayed some origonality and genious. Seriously great stuff. Thanks all caps.

BTW, I think that ABC Mountain might be code for the back area of the climbing gym: Nolse - you backing me on that?