Wanted: alpine pack for Ski mountaineering/climbin

Caleb

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi:

I have a Granite Gear Precipice that I bought in 1/05 ('04 model).

2700 cu.in.; REGULAR torso - mine is about 18 1/2"; Rex-Twill fabric (Granite Gear's own); top-loader w/ extension and overflow strap - for a rope; haul loop; 2 ice tool loops; 2 rows of daisy chains; sternum strap; floating top lid; back panel hydration sleeve; top pocket.

Full back panel with some kind of micro____ on top of it and same for shoulder straps and waist belt. All foam is reasonably firm and waist belt is countoured.

This is a straightforward pack, no fancy stuff but sturdy and comfortable. I chose this pack after researching because of reviews and Granite Gear's rep for making bomber stuff.

Got it for rock climbing but I've used it only twice and that was to carry gear to the bottom of the crag where it sat - got a rope bag, as that's all I really need for around here and haven't used Precipice since.

Can see pic of it on www.granitegear

I can e-mail you a pic if you are interested. Just need your e-mail address, as I don't know how to post pic on this site.

The bag is practically "as new."

$65, including shipping if you are in U.S.

Regards,

Tom

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductD...t_cat=undefined

with

Rei-Outlet has 20% off 1 item with Code: GM224 Exp 3/3 - Free shipping to a local store.

$104 for 2700 cu in/45l

plus...... after you break it, you can pitch a fit and get your money back:

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/threadz/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/550211/an/0/page/0#550211

rolleyes.gif