TR: REI BLOWS!! SHOP ELSEWHERE!!!!

Choada_Boy

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does REI usually resell the climbing gear people return?

Earlier this summer I returned a BD HalfDome Helmet (couldn't tighten it while it was on my head = not satisfied) with a big yellow sticker on it. A month later I saw it on someone while I was descending Mt.Baker. I asked them where they got the helmet, they said at REI's garage sale.

I actually work at a shop and there is no way that REI would sell used climbing gear. The problem with climbing gear is the second it walks out the door REI has no clue what has happened to the gear. If that individual ended up hurting themselves and it came to light that they sold a used helmet they would be looking at a huge lawsuit

I actually work at a shop and there is no way that REI would sell used climbing gear. The problem with climbing gear is the second it walks out the door REI has no clue what has happened to the gear. If that individual ended up hurting themselves and it came to light that they sold a used helmet they would be looking at a huge lawsuit

I scored a new yellow metolius cam that someone returned to REI in the garage sale. It should not have been there but I worked there and pulled it out and score......

REI BLOWS their gear they sell Blows.

4 weeks ago had a dumb idiot employee who looked like a lobster after climbing rainier using his organic sunscreen trying to sell me organic sunscreen!!! I looked at him with a WHAT THE HECK look on my face, flipped over his organic sunscreen bottle and read the ingredients; Olive Oil, Coconut oil and some spices. So, after reading the ingredients I look up at him and say , so if I want, I go to Safeway and buy a 1/2 gallon of the stuff for the same price as this tiny 1oz bottle!!! Not to mention its NOT Water proof and runs off your face as you sweat!!! As your face obviously shows!!! How stupid are you!???? So, I grabbed good ol' Dermatone zinc oxide and went on my way. Guess what 3 weeks on Water, snow, and Ice in bright sunshine and I am not sunburned, oh yea. What a chump.

Same store and the fools didn't even know that they had white gas fuel bottles hanging on the shelf by their water bottles. Had to point this little fact out to the poor customer, oh yea and if u want a small fuel bottle you had better go to GI Joes instead of a monster fuel bottle.

Brian

IF u want real gear go to Feathered Friends ProMountainsports or Marmot.

A friend of mine has the task of cutting a brand new Petzl climbing rope (still in packaging) up into 8 foot sections because some bone head bought the wrong one and returned it.

Does your friend climb at all? Were it me, I woulda just taken the damn thing home.

"Whaddaya mean, "stealing"? You crackas wanted me to cut it up into tiny pieces. Fuck that, I'm gonna actually use the fucker!"