TR: REI BLOWS!! SHOP ELSEWHERE!!!!

Choada_Boy

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, on an REI upper, a guy I work with had a REI work pack, lugged it dutifully all over the hill daily for ten or fifteen years. By and by a zipper or two failed, maybe a buckle broke or ripped off.........and not knowing anyone else to do the sewing took it back to REI offering to pay for repairs. He didn't want a new pack, didn't want his money back or any warranty deal, just wanted his old worn pack fixed & was more than willing to pay.

They fixed it all and charged him zero, wouldn't take his money. YMMV but nothin' wrong with that. thumbs_up.gif

You should be able to get someone who knows there stuff if you shop at any of the 3 Vertical World pro-shops (Bremerton, Seattle, & Redmond). they might not have the largest selection but they'll probably know what they're talking about.

So there I was at Bremerton Vertical World belaying my daughter & listening to the VW employee explain the use of a grigri to some newcomers.

"So the grigri will automatically catch a fall? You don't have to do anything?" asked one of the newbies.

"That's right," replied the VW employee.

You should be able to get someone who knows there stuff if you shop at any of the 3 Vertical World pro-shops (Bremerton, Seattle, & Redmond). they might not have the largest selection but they'll probably know what they're talking about.

So there I was at Bremerton Vertical World belaying my daughter & listening to the VW employee explain the use of a grigri to some newcomers.

"So the grigri will automatically catch a fall? You don't have to do anything?" asked one of the newbies.

"That's right," replied the VW employee.

hellno3d.gif See article on common errors in using the GriGri here.

Funny... I was just going to post and ask Mr. Choado what helmet he ended up buying and where.

I'm back to the 10yo model for now. I'm looking into the HB Dyneema, they are hard to track down, but score high on the impact tests and are uber-light. Anyone have any experience with this helmet?

REI sucks cuz yer likely to have to rub shoulders with latte drinking tuff-pulling beta-spewing sporto wannabes.

Sounds like you're more likely to run into a grip of alpine hardman wannabes, drowning in self-loathing as they closet-shop the outdoor retail megalith they so vituperously slander in public.

"GRRR, where's some core shit I can buy and then return after my dog eats it? Fuck, I hope Twight don't spot me in this prissy joint. Gawd, I hate myself...grrr." mad.gif

REI sucks cuz yer likely to have to rub shoulders with latte drinking tuff-pulling beta-spewing sporto wannabes.

Sounds like you're more likely to run into a grip of alpine hardman wannabes, drowning in self-loathing as they closet-shop the outdoor retail megalith they so vituperously slander in public.

"GRRR, where's some core shit I can buy and then return after my dog eats it? Fuck, I hope Twight don't spot me in this prissy joint. Gawd, I hate myself...grrr." mad.gif

Speaking of shopping, where do you get your nails done and buy all the rest of your metrosexual paraphenalia?

yeah...i saw Choada_Boy over at bartells freaking out trying to return a box of condoms...yelling about inferior protection...

he was getting quite upset when the young lady very quietly and discreetly was trying to tell him that perhaps he needed to "downsize" from mediums to small for a proper "fit"...he was getting really irate...started yellin' and shit...the manager came over and said "wow, you are quite intimidating looking for one packing such small gear"...let me get you a fresh box of properly fitted "equipment"...we just got the smalls in!