Tooth/Denny Peak traverse

mvs

Dan Smith and I met by chance on the Tooth yesterday, and decided to go back down via Denny Peak. From the 5220+ ft saddle south of the Tooth, we traversed below Peak 5456 and gained the ridge at the saddle just south. Here we found some fun exposed 4th class climbing on the ridge, with a few harder bouldering moves. The rock was quite good, and it was fun alternating between the rock climbing and short steep snow steps. We stayed on the crest, climbing over Peak 5519, and on to the summit of Denny Mountain (5540 ft?). The glissade down from there was awesome.

(We skipped those 3-4 towers near the Tooth, wanting rock shoes and a real rope for that. The south sides of those looked great!)

So, I just wanted to mention that this was really fun, and not to be overlooked for a chance to stay high in the mountains for a few more hours!

Thanks,

--Michael

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i hate the most is people that do noting comment on things they have no idea about.

great job mvs ,climbing tooth is far better than

skiing blue runs at alpental or worse, pretend

you are someone you are not!!

i have not red a report from you mr adamson,

and all my friends are telling me you are suck!!!

is that so ?? how about a summit photo on rainier

can you climb the hill ?? let me know

smart ass!!!

Hey now Marek,

I dont think there was any harm foul intentions towards those guys. Take a chill pill homey. Jeez.

Just because someone climbs something does not mean they have to tell the internet world about it either. Some of us prefer to keep some reports to ourselves. [Cool]

Ok Marek, now calm down there little guy. I'm not nice like my friends are.

I lived in that pass fulltime since August of last year and climbed and skied that area well over a hundred days since August, and not on the 'blue runs' either. Forgive me if I don't trumpet my own horn or post about every move I make. And for the record I wasn't bashing on Mike or Dan AT ALL, but I did send him a PM that said 'just playing around-cool climb'. I think he at least knows the intention was playful and not harmful, but why am I bothering to respond to you at all...OOOHHH Rainier's summit...HOOPTIE.

Kiss my German [Moon]

Didn't mean to start so much controversy, jeezie!

Anyhoo, has anyone climbed the south sides of the small towers south of the TOOF? I guess they would be about 1 pitch, mid-5th class at the hardest. But they looked pretty blank for pro. If I go check it out I'll write back.

Later!

--Michael

Hey Mike,

We traversed over some of those in midwinter from the summit of Denny. Snow allowed us to avoid some sections and where we needed pro it was there, but I am not certain which ones you were looking at? If you are referring to the tower closest to the tooth then no, we avoided that one and descended into the basin to bypass it.

sorry guys i kept you waiting for so long with my

reply!!!!just working!!!

first off all,it,s not about ones climbing record

or ability,its about respect.in my opinion mr,

adamson was disrespectful on numerous occasions

with his comments to posts written on cc.

cpt,caveman if you think i need a chill pill,let

me know if you want me to foward to you e-mail i got from michael adamson.but let me warn you it is full of obscenities,vulgar and thretening.

and to you michael-you ever send to me one more

e-mail like this i,ll walk down the street to the

police dep. and let them handle your case.

be a sport!!!stop bashing climbers on cc ,post

some report,s of yours and then you might get the

respect of others.you can,t have it both ways.

i hope this ends this epic.

Oh Mr Marek,

I know your friend Koziarz ... I see how you like to and talk smack about friends of mine. Words like "you are suck". Well let me say that you suck my ass [Moon] for being such a dickhead.

You mention it is not your climbing record that gains respect but then imply outright just the opposite. Nice try but you're the idiot for the insults you made against a long time friend of mine.

I simply do not care for your comments about my friends by word of mouth slander by a former climbing companion of mine. If you be peaceful then so will I. Otherwise suck my [Moon] and get lost.

I still hope to climb the big hill some day [geek]

One can only hope to enjoy the mountains and climbing experiecce. I don't train I don't take climbing serious I just enjoy it. If I am not better than the next guy I don't care.

As far as chill pill goes I think your comments were needing of a chill pill. However it seems your ego or some other fault was exposed and you insulted Mike. Get with the program buddy. You are the instigator of this issue.

Marek:

I gotta weigh in with the Caveman on this one, nothing in this thread seemed any less than genial banter until you held forth. And as for personal email, I don't wanna read it and don't even want to hear about it. Lighten up, what does anyone else's opinion (mine included) matter anyway? You can be amused or be informed, but you can only be insulted to the degree that you allow. Save your anxiety for the things that matter.

quote:

Originally posted by mikeadam:

Blasphemer! Ol' Toothy is an enjoyable alpine climb shared by many as their first alpine summit. Everyone should climb the tooth and spray about it. If you really want to stay high in the mountains try the KGB route.

I did the Tooth for my first time yesterday. I thought it was pretty easy and a lot of fun, though we did count at least 15 other people on it. Wasn't too crowded though, since everyones starting times were staggered and it is a quick climb. Good times.

i for one do not believe they climbed the ridge....not knowing these two climbers, i have to dount their ability. i for one did not climb it that day, how could anyone else???

in all my spraying experience i do not belive conditons warrented for them to srpay like this on a route like this....they obviously did not send it. photo proof!! ha!! really it all looks the same and i know that i am right, just ask me....

bullshiznit!!!!

[big Drink][Wazzup][Cool][laf][Razz]

quote:

Originally posted by vegetablebelay:

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

The tooth is not Rainier

therefore it does not matter

if they climbed it or

not. send me a picture from

atop the big hill

only, to get my

attention...
[Roll Eyes]

[Roll Eyes]
I remembered to use

short paragraphs a la marek

but i fogot that his posting,s

use commas instead of

aposttrophes

damn!

quote:

Originally posted by danielpatricksmith:

I had a great time with MVS on our little adventure. I had been wondering for a long time what the knife edge ridge to Denny would be like. That curiosity is what drew me to climbing from the get go. Always wondering what it would be like from the top, or what I would feel while on the side of a wall, these were my early motivations. Spending a lovely day with a great companion like MVS is mostly the greater motivation these days, but it is nice to satisfy the curiosity from time to time. Thanks to MVS for a great day!

Bringing it back round to some cool stuff.

Good work Dan and Mike! Sounds like a fun outing. Sorry there is so much negativity surrounding this but what can I say? I don't think Mike or I meant anything other than fun. I know both you guys and you both know I have no ill feelings towards either of you. I would climb peaks with you any time. I just don't like this stuff said about my friend Mike. I feel compelled to say something considering the circumstances that Marek is just floundering second hand knowledge and info about a friedn, Mike obviously meant no harm.

Climb on friends and may it be safely. As far as Mr.Canyouclimbthebighill he is on another planet or universe that I don't care to relate...

I had a great time with MVS on our little adventure. I had been wondering for a long time what the knife edge ridge to Denny would be like. That curiosity is what drew me to climbing from the get go. Always wondering what it would be like from the top, or what I would feel while on the side of a wall, these were my early motivations. Spending a lovely day with a great companion like MVS is mostly the greater motivation these days, but it is nice to satisfy the curiosity from time to time. Thanks to MVS for a great day!

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

Bringing it back round to some cool stuff.

Good work Dan and Mike! Sounds like a fun outing. Sorry there is so much negativity surrounding this but what can I say? I don't think Mike or I meant anything other than fun. I know both you <snip>

[/QB]

Right on, We definitely know you and Mike were joking. And Erik's post about "photo proof" was awesome. I think Marek misunderstood? Marek is a good guy and a friend, but I don't know why he felt compelled to defend our "accomplishment". Must be oxygen deprevation from his recent climb of Illimani? [Wink] (probably have that wrong, but it was some big mountain "down south").

PHOTO PROOF! -->

DA TOOF

Later on!

--Michael