One weekend in Spokane, what to do?

furrymurry

So I came across a free travel voucher and have booked a flight to Spokane (I live in Norman, OK). I'll be arriving on Friday, March 24 around noon and my partner will be picking me up at the airport (he's from Spokane and a student at U of Idaho in Moscow). I depart Monday, March 27 at 7 AM.

Given this time frame and our location, what should we do?! We're considering driving up to Icefields Parkway in Canada, or maybe some long rock in the Cascades if its accessible.

Give me all your hairbrained ideas, we're up for anything alpine: ice, rock, you name it!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a short drive north to Nelson, BC. Then drive up as far as you can to gibson lake and then ski up the road to kokanee lake and to the base of the kokanee glacier, and stay in the nice slocan chief cabin. ski the glacier, and peak bag the area. Go to the ainsworth hotsprings when you get back.

That sounds like a lot, is that doable in a weekend? The only other problem being that we don't have skiis, just snowshoes, is it that far in that the absence of skiis would be an issue?

Another suggestion I've heard is Triple Couloir on DragonTail, what are conditions like? Also, we want to be on ice, not just kicking steps in snow.