Pearly Gates

al

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dubbed a new crag Pearly Gapes that I recently discovered hehe.

All routes are dirty and moss choked lichen is my friend. Bushes galore!

Diros go to Highway 2. Just before the town of Index look up and right to large crag hehe.

[ 05-28-2002, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Pearly Gates yesterday and found that the route that I lead the last time I was there had sprouted a bolt at the bottom, like ten feet up from a flat unobstructed landing (,sheit, you could fall from there an' there wouldn't even be bones stickin' out) and a bolt near the top where I had put four pieces of gear in in the space of three feet. What's up with that? [Wazzup]

Yesterday I lead the route with the bolt in the overhang between the double cracks. Does anyone else wonder what that bolt is for? [Confused] It is well above the crux and the moves that it protects are easily protected by your choice of traditional hardware. Before I use it to finish the wind chimes I've been collecting for does anyone want to attempt to justify it?

[laf][laf][laf][laf]

I suppose [Roll Eyes] I could be persuaded to part with the wind chimes if anyone wants to claim the offending hardware.

btw, i've seen the offending bolt and, while i haven't done the climb, i thought it looked kind of odd from the ground, what with cracks to use for pro, and on what *is* a crack climb, no less...

to add to the "odd bolts at pearly gates" category: we did do another climb to the right of the one you're referring to and one pitch higher. a sporto route. about half way up, you come to a ledge, and from the ledge you can clip a bolt that becomes essentially useless as soon as you step up onto the face. the next bolt up is well past the crux move, and so when you fall (which i did) you hit the deck (which i did). a single bolt about 1/2 or 2/3 of the way between the two bolts would be much more sensible. one less bolt, and better pro.

not trying to whine here...just throwing in my 0.02...

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

quote:

Originally posted by Skisports:

all you guys is do is complain do you ever Climb. I do have a topo. I might be willing to share but why??????

Nah man we never climb. Complaining is more fun. Plus we get gapers like you in on the complaining
[laf]
climbing is for losers... spraying about climbing takes real skill... [Razz][Roll Eyes][Razz][Roll Eyes][Razz][Roll Eyes][Moon]