[TR] southfork ice, wyoming- high on boulder, mean green, broken hearts 2/3/2006

iceslut

Climb: southfork ice, wyoming-high on boulder, mean green, broken hearts

Date of Climb: 2/3/2006

Trip Report:

even though we have been having some fun on gorge ice as of late, i jetted down to wyoming and met my old montana friends (chris & brice) on the southfork of the shoshone. three days of climbing found us on some of the best routes i have ever climbed. big multi-pitch ice in a beautiful setting. the routes we climbed ranged from WI3 to 4+, though the flows often offered varied difficulty. each day we probably climbed 200-300 m of ice! on the final day we had the pleasure of climbing with joe josephson, author of winter dance, on a nice sunny day. it was brice's camera, but we all took photos. enjoy! 3452high_on_boulder_from_afar-med.jpg3452climbing_first_pitch_high_on_boulder-med.jpg3452chris_pullin_the_2nd_pitch_high_on_boulder-med.jpg3452first_pitch_mean_green-med.jpg3452climbing_first_pitch_mean_green-med.jpg3452second_pitch_mean_green-med.jpg3452first_pitch_broken_hearts-med.jpg3452second_pitch_broken_hearts-med.jpg3452third_pitch_broken_hearts-med.jpg3452fourth_pitch_broken_hearts-med.jpg

Gear Notes:

screws, v-threads a requirement for rappels

Approach Notes:

reasonable approaches with very little snow

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic