TC's conditions?

kadyakerbob

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know that I'd say "its always in" but something is always in. If TC doesn't look good, the Hidden Couloir north face route is pretty fun, up the first couloir to the end, then up and across the base of the fin. I'm sure that would have been doable, and Ade's report on doing Serpentine in winter conditions sounded like a pretty wild time too. Or go do something like the NE Couloir, not nearly as challenging but I'll wager you'd have fun.

went up there yesterday, who ever said there was a lot of new snow must have been looking at the report for the west cascades. no new snow in leavenworth area, just sun!, but we did hike up and give it a try, but i was wrong its not in yet.and to John Frieh, i ask a lot of questions because when you have to drive 7hrs to check somthing out and its not in! that sucks. so the more info i can get the better.but its all good because we found some sick obscure water ice!!!that we did laps on for hours and hours!!

How is TC *not* in? Did you even try to climb it? If you did not I don't think you can say it is not "in." It's three snow gullies connected by short steps of ice/rock. If there isn't ice in the connecting bits, climb the rock. This climb is really well described in Jim's book, including what to do if you don't find ice. I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but claiming TC is "not in" seems like an excuse to not try it cause it may be harder than you want. The only reason it should not be a go is if you judge there to be a high avalanche risk in ascending the route.

• 3 weeks later...