TC's conditions?

kadyakerbob

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You better all postpone climbing it until the TR then, 'cuz Ross seems hell-bent on slogging that road every time he has a day off work. FTard. mushsmile.gif

On another note, what the hell does that 'do your homework' comment mean? Was that meant for the Chair Peak beta thread? Sure wasn't any useful current info in your link. Not that Jim's anthology TR wasn't excellent. cantfocus.gif

You better all postpone climbing it until the TR then, 'cuz Ross seems hell-bent on slogging that road every time he has a day off work. FTard. mushsmile.gif

On another note, what the hell does that 'do your homework' comment mean? Was that meant for the Chair Peak beta thread? Sure wasn't any useful current info in your link. Not that Jim's anthology TR wasn't excellent. cantfocus.gif

yellaf.gif I would also call it more a ski descent than a ski run, to quote Sir Coombs.

what the hell does that 'do your homework' comment mean? Was that meant for the Chair Peak beta thread? Sure wasn't any useful current info in your link.

"Do your homework" was a recommendation for bob to do some research into when TC is, as he calls it, "prime". I linked Jim's post as he comments on the time frame for all 4 of those accents was between April and May. Yes one could climb TC in just about any month of the year... however if bob is hoping to catch it in "prime" conditions he should "do his homework" and find out when that time is.

Was not directed at you or the chair thread.

hey don't die.

from NWAC:

SNOWPACK SYNOPSIS-

The avalanche danger is HIGH and an avalanche warning has been issued for the Cascades from White Pass northward. New snow of 18-28” has fallen in the last 18 hours from Snoqualmie Pass northward, and is being driven by west winds gusting between 30 and 50 mph. This has caused widespread slab formation along the Cascade crest, and on both the west and east sides of the crest. Slab formation is definitely greater at and north of Snoqualmie Pass where new snow amounts are the greatest.

Edited by wazzumountaineer

It didn't look particularly "in" to me when we were up there on 2/17. Check the colchuck/stuart range conditions thread for more of the pics VW took. The exit from the second couloir looked barren of ice from what we could tell. I think it will actually take some warm days instead of more cold to melt that snow and snice a bit and turn it into good ice. :-)

hey don't die.

from NWAC:

SNOWPACK SYNOPSIS-

The avalanche danger is HIGH and an avalanche warning has been issued for the Cascades from White Pass northward. New snow of 18-28” has fallen in the last 18 hours from Snoqualmie Pass northward, and is being driven by west winds gusting between 30 and 50 mph. This has caused widespread slab formation along the Cascade crest, and on both the west and east sides of the crest. Slab formation is definitely greater at and north of Snoqualmie Pass where new snow amounts are the greatest.

True dat. There's lots of picturesque crowns popping up lately locally including some monsters that popped all the way to the ground. The latter were earlier in the week though.

went up there yesterday, who ever said there was a lot of new snow must have been looking at the report for the west cascades. no new snow in leavenworth area, just sun!, but we did hike up and give it a try, but i was wrong its not in yet.and to John Frieh, i ask a lot of questions because when you have to drive 7hrs to check somthing out and its not in! that sucks. so the more info i can get the better.but its all good because we found some sick obscure water ice!!!that we did laps on for hours and hours!!