The Triple Coolers on Draggin' Tail Are Bust

Dru

Hiked in to Colchuck with Rick Clements, Lionel and old FB. We were supplied with killer bud by a certain Leavenworth local of some repute. Got up at 4Am for Triple Cs but upon reaching base of Hidden Couloir decided to forgo the ascent in the face of warm temps and three serious ice falls in 30 minutes [Eek!] Fred and Rick headed up Draggin' Tail by the standard route via Asgaard Pass. Lionel wandered off in the direction of Colchuck Col. Dru walked out cause he didnt have today off [Mad] you bastards!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must have gone right past y'all. There was a flurry of activity up at asgaard pass yesterday around noonish. We were coming down around then. Saw FB sitting on rock. Innocently said hello. No response. Laughed silently to self. Lots of demoralizing thigh deep punch throughs up there right now. Would have been nice to have snowshoes up there right now as they'll do you more good than crampons.

Uh huh lots of cc.com gapers up there. I got identified and introduced to by Juan aka Mr. Blister aka Mr. Goodtime aka John Sharp. Certainement there were others up there too. Too bad I forgot the hot dogs or I coulda made $$$ from the hotdog stand. "Get yer piping hot horse cock inna bun right here!" Ray and some hottie were encountered in der vuillage in der Saturday AM. Adamson never showed up probably that Amber girl was keeping him occupied [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by michael_layton:

How clear of snow did Backbone ridge look???

Um I think I know which one that is... the ledges on the Fin still had snow and ice on them and the lower angled section still had some snow, it was about 75 or 80% snow free, I guess.

Good to meet you Dru. Doug and I scooted up the NBC, which was in good though sloppy shape. I guess we missed Triple by a week. At least NBC is good exercise. Chatted with Fred and your friend on the way out. They had a good day. Lots of mounties in the area too. A couple of beautiful women in a big group by the end of the lake in the afternoon, especially the one with dark hair, dark eyes, and a tan (from what I could tell, walking by). Wo. Really inspirational.

Ray: Hope you got some, dude.

Cheers all,

Juan

quote:

Originally posted by michael_layton:

How clear of snow did Backbone ridge look???

Here's what the whole face looked like on Sunday:

DSC00965_m.jpg

I was the one climbing Aasgard at a snail's pace on Saturday night..

Good job on the NBC Jon Juan. Fred Rogers and I went up to do it on Monday but bailed after spending a couple hours escaping a down pour under a overhanging boulder. We contemplated a cold wet bivy but decided to turn tail and head home once our V0 boulder/bivy shelter started leaking.