Hockey

jmace

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather watch a bunch of kids who still give a damn get their asses kicked, rather than watch a series of NHL All-Star games played by a bunch of guys who look like they couldn't care less what happens. Sure, I would have been happy if they'd won, but I was happier to hear they got the toss. Fuck'em.

It's also a rip-off that it's become a reward to the fading stars, rather than a chance for the young guys to show their stuff. Not letting Sidney Crosby or Eric Staal play in the Olympics because they are too young and inexperienced in the NHL? gimme a break!

Hockey is still the best combination of speed, agility, gracefulness, agressiveness---you name it. I don't care if it's NHL or playing the beer leagues yourself. damn what a sport! bigdrink.gif

I'd rather watch a bunch of kids who still give a damn get their asses kicked, rather than watch a series of NHL All-Star games played by a bunch of guys who look like they couldn't care less what happens. Sure, I would have been happy if they'd won, but I was happier to hear they got the toss. Fuck'em.

It's also a rip-off that it's become a reward to the fading stars, rather than a chance for the young guys to show their stuff. Not letting Sidney Crosby or Eric Staal play in the Olympics because they are too young and inexperienced in the NHL? gimme a break!

Hockey is still the best combination of speed, agility, gracefulness, agressiveness---you name it. I don't care if it's NHL or playing the beer leagues yourself. damn what a sport! bigdrink.gif

Right on!

Boy, doesn't that just warm your heart? You work so hard for so many years trying to instill your love of hockey in people on the far side of the world, patiently coaching and encouraging them, hoping some day their children will take to the ice with the same joyful enthusiasm you remember so well from your own youth.

And you wonder sometimes if it's worth the effort and the stress and the worry, and then you see film like this and... well... I gotta admit, it brings tears to my eyes. I'm so damned proud of those Slovenian kids. They've come so far, so fast... sniff... it seems like just yesterday they were... sniff... I'm, I'm sorry, I can't go on. I need a minute... cry.gif