West Coast Weather Map

David Trippett

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya I can see how the second link with observations at 5500 m at 4am this morning is really gonna help the average guy/gal get the west coast weather picture. wave.gif

What else on that site is gonna help someone get the west coast weather picture? honest question wasnt meant as as thrash. You obviously thought it was such a great help that you posted it so whats there thats so awesome?

Avitripp, you must get yourself laid to ease some of that tension. Obviously you really know how to read a weather map since you couldnt correlate that the 500 mb map is the map of of the atmosphere at 5500 m or 18 000 feet. Maybe on your next post you could tell me how 12Z is Lunch time and how in the hell did i get 4am out of it.

I suppose at this point asking you to communicate like someone with just an ounce of intelligence and to possibly answer my original and perfectly legit qeustion of what made you beleive that that site was worthy of posting is out. But thanks for the "great" site. the_finger.gif

Avitripp, you must get yourself laid to ease some of that tension. Obviously you really know how to read a weather map since you couldnt correlate that the 500 mb map is the map of of the atmosphere at 5500 m or 18 000 feet. Maybe on your next post you could tell me how 12Z is Lunch time and how in the hell did i get 4am out of it.

I suppose at this point asking you to communicate like someone with just an ounce of intelligence and to possibly answer my original and perfectly legit qeustion of what made you beleive that that site was worthy of posting is out. But thanks for the "great" site. the_finger.gif

Thanks for the advice seabreeze....Is Momma Mace on her usual corner? I didn't know I needed to add a disclaimer "no retards". Do you have a specific question regarding the map? Why don't you formulate one then and get back to me champ.

Whatever Bro, ya ya my moms available... yellowsleep.gif

I have no questions regarding the map I can read it just fine, possibly you have some questions regarding reading the map.

My specific question is in the second post which asked quite poitley what you found useful on that site, hoping to spur some educated banter on the tools availble for obtaining the west coast weather picture. I thought that site was limited on useful information for people who have limited knowledge in that area and thought maybe you could tell me what you found so useful as to go out of the way to post it.

But alas your return comments were just as useful as the site you posted.

Do you find it weird that you immediatley thought I was American? I do

plenty of nice flat bivy spots for you as well....

In yet another example of your intellectual hubris....I don't recall saying anything about your nationality....you did. only questioned your familiarity with the metric system...all in good fun by the way....but somewhere it all went terribly wrong.....why is that? Ask yourself that.

well....to be fair I never made any claims regarding the usefulness of the site for the average "guy/gal". I just thought it a cool site. Since jmace seemed so intent on trolling for a confrontation and flexing what must be substantial intellectual powers.... I thought who am I to deny him his hearts desire? If your intention was to educate us jmace then you would have done so...but since it was not....and you got what you asked for....do us a favour and don't act so surprised. It really does you no justice. Thus endeth the lesson.

bigdrink.gifyoda.gif

I just thought it a cool site

And I asked why..thats all

Since jmace seemed so intent on trolling for a confrontation

Thats where you getting laid is gonna help out your interpetation of people asking a fair and non confrontational question. You posted something that you said was cool and I asked why simple as that. I looked at the site couldnt find any real useful info and thought maybe you had something to add..a link whatever..

Thanks for answering though, after what half a dozen posts you say

well....to be fair I never made any claims regarding the usefulness of the site for the average "guy/gal"

Considering this is an Atmospheric Science forum I can see why you posted it.

perhaps your lack of familiarity with what the rest of the planet calls "The Metric System" is a real handicap

Rest of the planet implies I live in one single spot, hmm where could that be well lets see a place that doesnt use the metric system would be a start and speaks english and uses this site, yup your right I must of jumped to conclusions.

I know its in good fun and I know all about this site. But sometimes you just gotta be a little chill, after all your supposed to be North of the 49 bro, maybe a few more nugs in your lunch hahaha.gif will help you out till you find somewhere to dock your dick

I find your fascination with my Dick unusual....are you sure you're on the correct website?

....thanks for the beta "Brah"... its funny that after all this you continue to ask for me to serve you....and it's funny how you are telling me to "chill" when all of your posts are full of projected hostility....why is that cherryblossom? Are you having trouble accepting that you are an asshole? I bet we could get some real work done if you got over it.

You need to heed your own prescription and try smoking what you preach. The anonymity of the internet has really allowed you to get a bit out of hand there snowflake.... but Vancouver is a small community...

This has been a fantastic source of entertainment all day... I just want to thank....you, Sprayshaw and the rest of the internet-elligencia for the gangbang, lucky my keyboard has a cover!yelrotflmao.gif Truly a terrific effort by all! smileysex5.gifwave.gif

Here's another great site for you guys to crap all over:

http://www.flightplanning.navcanada.ca/c...mp;TypeDoc=html

If you go to the Graphical FA, button you can get some really good info and if you take a little bit of time to learn the symbols etc it'll tell you way more than any forcaster ever will with a lot more accuracy.

http://www.flightplanning.navcanada.ca/Latest/gfa/anglais/Latest-gfacn31_cldwx_000-e.html

If you look at this map, you can see that right now there is an upper low that is about to hit Vancouver Island. The pressure gradient is stable so the winds should be calm. The front is pushing an area of precip ahead of it with local ceiling 500-1000 feet above ground with mist, light showers of rain, light drizzle and a little further north ACC clouds are embedded signifying more wind and possibly heavy showers than the southern tip of the system. The upper warm front will hit the southern tip of Vancouver Island in Twelve hours with much the same conditions.

IF you check the freezing levels on this map http://www.flightplanning.navcanada.ca/Latest/gfa/anglais/Latest-gfacn31_turbc_000-e.html you'll see that currently on the coast the freezing level is 2500' and just a little ways inland it is at the surface. In 12 hours the freezing level at the surface will have moved up to the mainland coast.

A look at this site http://adds.aviationweather.noaa.gov/progs/

shows that the next significant weather system that will affect the lower mainland will be the cold front pushing SE ward and we should expect a drop in temperatures with clearer skys and warmer evenings.

Some of this stuff just makes you feel smart but if you're planning an Alpine day, you can get some damn valuable info especially when considering a high avi danger route. I would suggest that every climber/skiier spend a couple of bucks and go to your local flight school for a met course. You can learn it on your own but the flight school would be faster and there is a ton of free weather info out there for pilots updated hourly thanks to our great gov. Nothing like a little bit of info to increase your chances of a successful trip or to make alternate plans.