[TR] snoqualmie pass fun- assorted chair rotues 2/20/2006

Jens

Climb: snoqualmie pass fun-assorted chair rotues

Date of Climb: 2/20/2006

Trip Report:

I drove up to the pass for some fun by myself this morning. I was itchin' to try some old welsh tools that a buddy let me borrow. I walked in to chair peak (thanks weekend folks for putting in a nice bootpack). At the basin, I noticed that ravens were circling and eyeing other people's packs. I made sure not to leave my car keys for them to play with (although cascade ravens seem less bold than their Alaskan and Canadian brethren)? At the approach col I noticed a wine cork so I figured their would be other cc'ers on the mountain (oh wait us cc'ers drink wine from twist off bottles)! I found nice conditions on the NE buttress and encountered 2 other parties on the route-- cc'ers but I forgot their names. I summited & descended back to the basin where the skis were and decided to climb the North face. The route was in good shape. I encountered 2 more cc'ers on the N.face. I was about 25 minutes on the NE butt and about 30 on the N.face. Back at the skis I busted my Randonee' boots so I decided to the cancel my plans to ski over and climb the NE slab of the tooth after lunch. Alpental was open (unusual for a Monday). On the ski out I almost accidentally ran over a dog that wouldn't get off the ski track.

Gear Notes:

no flotation needed on approach.

Approach Notes:

-nice boot trail put in

-low avy hazard

-both routes are in good shape

-no ice in descent gully (snow only)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days