Clip missing at Deep Creek (The Pit)

Roadstead1

I was out at Deep Creek last week at the Pit and got on The Pit Lizard and the first clip was missing.(hanger gone stud beaten in)I can't for the life of me figure out why some Climber would act like a Tool and think this is a good thing? If there's a good reason maybe you can help me see thru the darkness of your act and into empty space in your head. wazzup.gif

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I'd neccessarily blame it on a rock climber. Many of us have been the victims of quickdraw theft at the Creek. As I recall, many of the draws were removed with the assistance of a large branch(ie set the branch against the wall and climb up it). Obviously, only the first few draws were stolen. A similar means could have been used in this case (by one of those non-climber types), as it was only the first bolt.

As a climber theres no big deal, as a route setter is were I have the trouble. These routes have been up for all most ten years now and have seen hundreds ascents as they stand. Why then some Tool roles in and thinks "I din't need this clip so I'll take off." I know damn well that this is what it's all about. This is not some random act done by non-climbers with the help of a branch. rolleyes.gif I will replace the stud and hanger and hope it stops there.

Get a clue if it has studs on it already it's not a First Ascent.

I'm not sure why anyone would pull a hanger off the Lizard. However, as a continuation of your previous statement. Also, don't assume an FA just because it's not bolted. Someone may have been there previously. Besides, I'd say that someone has a good chance of getting the chop at the creek just standing at the base of the routes. Hopefully, they come back and get hit by one of those disintigrating choss heaps. IMHO> Oh and yes since you are on a anonymity witch hunt... Joe Lind CDA ID 5'6" 190lbs black hair, hazel eyes. Sometimes climbing, always gaping.

FWIW I didn't touch it. I don't have a problem with the creek. DUDE RELAX. IT IS PROBABLY RANDOM. bigdrink.gif

there are alot more people that dont climb that go thru that area, I know several people that have almost gotten shot by paint ballers and I dont doubt there have been confrontations! There is no way to know if its a climber so might be nice to not start the blame game when you have no clue who did it.. Oh and there are alot of kids that party out there arent there?

Let me start by saying; If you did not know me already I can be a real Ass. (something I have learned to live with) I might have been a little over the top calling all you guys out there Tools, your not all Tools only 10% of you are. so forgive you guys.

I did not start this out as a Witch Hunt. If I hurt your feelings Mr. Alter ego(s) then (I just wonder who you some of you local boys are?) get over it. Although; I do think a real name along with a username adds a little bit of creditably to your post, with out that certain (most people have there names) creditably your just adding more spray in another over used Chat Room.

I have replaced the hanger and stud, If this a true ramdon act then this thread is over.

Damn, I think after RoadHead's post (who I might add also hides behind an anonymous name), I will go out there and chop the bolt again just because he acts like an idiot and seems like a total dick and really just to piss him off........ rolleyes.gifSure you didn't lose it your your goatee old man? Or maybe forget that it was never there and you are starting to get a little senile? Relax moron.....