Prusik peak

Skisports

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent four days up there several years ago in April. The plateau was still covered with 6 to 8 inches of snow but the South Faces were clear. We did a couple routes on Prussik and Boxtop. No crowds, no permits, no parking passes, no rangers.

Terry

100$ but I can run faster than any ranger.... Let them try to chase me in the wilderness back there that I know more than them most likely.

Most tickets come at the trailhead anyway..

Plus I have never seen a ranger back there. Just in the parking lot. Although I am sure they travel...

"Hi Ranger, My name is Max from Colorado. Sorry I dont have permit. Here is my address 1313 Mockingbird lane." [big Grin]

Another key is to go super light and say you are day hiking through...

It's up to you to be creative or get your permit. I am just offering info...

Did W. Ridge last year in early June. A lot less snow than this year, snow free 'til a little above Colchuck Lake, then completely snow covered the rest of the way up to Aasgard and in the Enchantments. Route itself was snow free. It was windy and cold, route was mostly in shadows. Have fun! [smile]

quote:

Originally posted by Jake:

Never seen a ranger up there hiking around I don't think a cop would really want to drive up there to just give a ticket.

The cops come after the rangers radio them in to check for warrants. It's not regular activity but it has happened.....

so if you have a multiday pack and a day use permit and you get stopped "I am just sherpa-ing in some gear for a friend and i am coming back out tonight. I have no car in the parking lot I am just going to walk down the road to a friends house. its a full moon and i plan to hike all night and not bivi."

I climbed the W. ridge last year in early June just before the permits were required. Came in via Asgard Pass. We hit snow just above Colchuck Lake and there was snow up to the base of the route. Some snow in crevices and holes, etc, but for the most part the route was snow-free. It was friggin' cold the night before we climbed though and it snowed a bit.

It's a fun route and the summit tower looks bad-ass from the base of the route.

Enjoy.

[Wink]

Alpinfox maybe you were up there the same time as us. We got to the trailhead too late so just crashed there, did it car-to-car. There was another party that camped at Colchuck Lake and were a little ahead of us on the route, I think there were 3 or 4 of them.